I changed my TACA tickets!

Old Jul 31, 05, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

I changed my TACA tickets!

This afternoon I went to the airport and changed my Taca ticket, lady said no problem and no charge. She said keep your tickets with original information and then she printed me a statement showing the new travel dates. This is huge after hearing about no changes.
Old Aug 1, 05, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton, IHG, Choice, Alaska, Avianca, Japan Airlines
Sounds good. I have been working a lot lately so have missed lots of FF news. You mentioned something about no changes allowed. I was always thought it was pretty clear that tickets were valid for one year. Did something change?
Old Aug 1, 05, 6:31 am
Original Poster

They are good for a year but we were hearing no changes no refunds etc, I hope to move it back another day again. Taca is very good. I did call GP about my January tickets they said they are in process. I don't want to wait for the last month to get my last tickets because if they don't show up then a ticket on another carrier will be costly at last minute.
Old Aug 1, 05, 9:32 am

Programs: DL 2 Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by milesrus
They are good for a year but we were hearing no changes no refunds etc, I hope to move it back another day again. Taca is very good. I did call GP about my January tickets they said they are in process. I don't want to wait for the last month to get my last tickets because if they don't show up then a ticket on another carrier will be costly at last minute.
Did they give you any idea when your January tickets would be processed? I have December tickets and they don't seem to be moving very fast on getting them processed. My understanding was that they only had a couple of hundred requests to process. With the number of persons at GlobalPass, they should be able to process all of those in a couple of weeks. It's been a month now since they closed off the opportunity to book. Are they through the August requests and working on what month?
Old Aug 1, 05, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

they said they would call me this week. If I had a mountain of tickets from LP I would fly to Miami and go by the office maybe that would speed it up
Old Aug 6, 05, 9:39 am

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by milesrus
they said they would call me this week. If I had a mountain of tickets from LP I would fly to Miami and go by the office maybe that would speed it up

See my post #1..but call first and bring a dozen roses

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455383
Old Aug 9, 05, 1:45 pm

procedure for TACA changes

I don't live in a TACA city but do want to do date changes on one of my tickets. Can I call first and do that and then revalidate or get print out the next time I am in a TACA city? Can I make the change by phone and then just arrive on travel date (new date)? any information appreciated.

thanks,

Old Aug 9, 05, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I think that shouldn't be a major problem..but call Norma at GP in MIA first..she knows the drill!
Old Aug 9, 05, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by newK2
I don't live in a TACA city but do want to do date changes on one of my tickets. Can I call first and do that and then revalidate or get print out the next time I am in a TACA city? Can I make the change by phone and then just arrive on travel date (new date)? any information appreciated.

thanks,

Yes, when I called and made a change with TACA they told me that I would be able to pay the $35 fee when I checked in at the airport.
Old Aug 11, 05, 7:32 am
Original Poster

I went to DFW made the changes no charges, here is what I could do for you guys I go with your itenary and make the trave date changes she gives me a paper I fax it to you, no charge as its done by AA agents who know the process. i would rather not do this for a stack maybe a critical few, let me know

972 814 7194 WK

Search this Thread