Credit Card Fraud

Old Jul 28, 05, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Credit Card Fraud

Has anyone else besides our family have had their credit card that was given to Global Pass for tickets frauduently used for other purchases?
Old Jul 28, 05, 12:25 pm

yes

interestingly, having never in my life had such a problem, not long after my email to GlobalPass, the CC number I had sent was used for a fraudulent purchase. struck me as odd but I made no (possible) connection until I saw this post, now I wonder...
Old Jul 28, 05, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Our family's was called in! There is somthing very fishy here!
Old Jul 28, 05, 1:40 pm

Faxing in Evidently Didn't Make it Safe

Originally Posted by Sydneyjb
Has anyone else besides our family have had their credit card that was given to Global Pass for tickets frauduently used for other purchases?
Yes, my wife found 2 charges for $250 each at a Sears store in Florida about 4 days after we faxed in the information to the Globalpass fax number. I am going to have her report this forum information to Bank of American Fraud department which is handling the cancellation of your Visa card and the issuance to her of a new account number.
Old Jul 28, 05, 2:49 pm

see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451066
Old Jul 28, 05, 7:49 pm

I have had fraudulent use on two different credit cards, each approximately 30 days after a transaction with GlobalPass.
Old Jul 29, 05, 12:30 pm
Original Member

Haven't had it happen to us yet, but it's got me checking my credit card statement online virtually daily.

This is a really serious issue, and it seems to me someone who has been affected already should try to get this information to Guy Booth via some channel other than the customercare e-mail at GlobalPass. (Since, if it goes there, it's likely to get intercepted by the same person(s) who are intercepting and fraudulently using the credit cards numbers.
Old Aug 6, 05, 10:38 am

There was a $1000 charge made to a Circuit City Store in Boca Raton six weeks after I paid Global Pass. Hmmm... My credit card is now closed.
Old Aug 11, 05, 7:23 pm

Now Fraud on a Third Card

I just received a call from Bank of America security department asking me whether I made three charges today on my Alaska Airlines Business Visa card. The answer was no and it is particularly clear in this case that the security leak was at Globalpass because I only used that card once, the day after I received it and that was to pay a Globalpass fee on August 3rd. The rest of the time that card was in my drawer. I have a few more tickets to be issued so I am going to call GP tomorrow and request that I pay them by money order as this is the third card in our family that has had fraudulent charges lately and had to be closed. Also my nephew, who put some GP charges on his card, found when he came back from Peru, that his card was subjected to fraudulent charges.
Old Aug 12, 05, 3:14 am

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, SPG GLD, HH Diam
Fraud here too!!! Suggest ANYONE who's given their cc number to GP immediately notify their cc issuer to have it changed. Has anyone spoken with Guy Booth about this?
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:10 am

Programs: United 1K
The card I used for GlobalPass has been hacked.

Received a call yesterday from the fraud department at Chase Bank.

Two fraudulent charges were made yesterday in Texas using a fake credit card with my account number - one for $290 and one for $64.00
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:13 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by Djlawman
Haven't had it happen to us yet, but it's got me checking my credit card statement online virtually daily.

This is a really serious issue, and it seems to me someone who has been affected already should try to get this information to Guy Booth via some channel other than the customercare e-mail at GlobalPass. (Since, if it goes there, it's likely to get intercepted by the same person(s) who are intercepting and fraudulently using the credit cards numbers.

you should put a hold on the cc for a while or at least alert the cc company. Second thought, just call and ask for a new cc number.
Old Aug 12, 05, 8:14 am

GP Says That They Investigated

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Fraud here too!!! Suggest ANYONE who's given their cc number to GP immediately notify their cc issuer to have it changed. Has anyone spoken with Guy Booth about this?
I did not speak to Guy Booth, but last week I spoke to one of the agents at GP and she told me that they already investigated and tried to assured me that they had no leak... but after that the card I gave her that day was compromised!
Old Aug 12, 05, 9:18 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Harvey108
I did not speak to Guy Booth, but last week I spoke to one of the agents at GP and she told me that they already investigated and tried to assured me that they had no leak... but after that the card I gave her that day was compromised!
Which is exactly why I suggested someone who has been affected (not me, yet, fortunately) speak with Booth. Someone in the chain of people taking your credit card numbers over the phone and/or through the e-mails is the one (or more) stealing the numbers and putting the card numbers into fraudulent circulation. So it is unlikely they are going to report themselves.
Old Aug 12, 05, 1:06 pm

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
I sent another email to John Jackson today with updated information about this problem. (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451066). I would be happy to send any email to Booth about this, but don't have his email address.

Search this Thread