FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LatinPass/GlobalPass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass-494/)
-   -   My visit today at GP HQ- quite a nice operation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latinpass-globalpass/455383-my-visit-today-gp-hq-quite-nice-operation.html)

MRKEY Jul 22, 2005 6:52 pm

My visit today at GP HQ- quite a nice operation

I went to the main office for Global Pass to pick up 5 tickets today. I am very impressed. The ladies there are so professional and polite. I have the staff names and met most of them for an hour long chat. Tickets are being issued as promissed..no worries. They are in new offices since I was there 3 years ago... If you need to call them..please be polite and don't swear and scream at them. The crew there told me many folks (no names needed) are scorching mad and upset to the point the staff is upset at the'verbage' used by some really rude people. :td: [B] Your tickets will all be sent if you sent in the award by deadline. They are working as fast as they can..heck I just picked up 5 handwritten tickets. They really are a good bunch of folks...Yes the problem was TACA ticket stock and they are processing by dates of departure. July and August are being sent out now. Six wonderfull ladies are writing the tickets..I saw the whole deal and they asked me if I would kinna be a liason with us. I said sure I'll do my best.. Bottom line..no worries. They are doing better than ever...yes we talked about the new program changes....things happen..but you will get your tickets. ^ More later..I'm beat..Please be polite to them..it's not their fault Taca didn't have enuff stock..also they are waiting for more stock.. ETA 2 weeks...but us FTer's who booked flights in July and August will have them. I saw the whole database. Great people there... don't worry fellow FTer's. Their word is GOLD.... They are not going away ..infact the new offices take up the entire 6th floor of the Telemundo TV building complex. Be happy you will be flying and don't bother them. Sure you can call..just be nice to them. They really have this handled better than most programs out there. Think about Avianca..no notice..she reminded me of that fiasco.

Thanks ,
MRKEY

FOOLISHRUNNER Jul 22, 2005 7:00 pm

MRKEY:

Thanks for the positive update. I have flights scheduled for my family during the Christmas break and I would like to start making my land reservations for Costa Rica. I also have to plan my trip from Detroit to Chicago to connect. There are some good $73 fares DTW-ORD that are non-refundable that I would like to book, but have been reluctant to do not knowing whether GlobalPass would come through or not. I might take the chance now. ^

MRKEY Jul 22, 2005 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by FOOLISHRUNNER
MRKEY:

Thanks for the positive update. I have flights scheduled for my family during the Christmas break and I would like to start making my land reservations for Costa Rica. I also have to plan my trip from Detroit to Chicago to connect. There are some good $73 fares DTW-ORD that are non-refundable that I would like to book, but have been reluctant to do not knowing whether GlobalPass would come through or not. I might take the chance now. ^

No worriies...make the res. I did of course and talk to TACA about date changes if need be...GP dosn't do that..of course we all know that ^

jaguar Jul 23, 2005 6:45 am

Thanks for the GP update, your visit was very encouraging.

We've got TACA reservations for three tickets from Los Angeles to Santiago in September and were concerned about making land reservations since we didn't know if they'd be issued.