Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Has anyone received their latest tickets from GlobalPass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2005, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K

Has anyone received their latest tickets from GlobalPass that were ordered during the last week of June?

My friends and I called GlobalPass last week and they said they were working on it, but we called TACA today and they still haven't been issued.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by jaguar
Has anyone received their latest tickets from GlobalPass that were ordered during the last week of June?

My friends and I called GlobalPass last week and they said they were working on it, but we called TACA today and they still haven't been issued.
We haven't heard anything since the "sorry" message or received any tickets or seen any activity in my account. Our first trip is reserved for early August, so we need to know something soon either way. My recent messages to GP and Guy Booth have not been answered, so I just sent one to VP John Jackson.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K
Last week I spoke separtely to Marissa and Daniella and it sounded like we were going to be notified by now.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Could it be that Guy was just blowing Hot Air Randys way?

How can it be that no one has gotten any tkts by now?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 1:47 pm

I just received an email from GlobalPass indicating that they have started processing one of my three award requests. After logging into the GP website, I selected Award Tracking and entered the request number. I could then see the complete itinerary, and also the ticket numbers! This is a positive development...
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:09 pm

Request Date was.....?

I'm curious as to what is the latest date someone made an award request who has received an email from GlobalPass showing that their award reservation is queued--not necessarily have received a paper ticket in hand?

My award requests were emailed/faxed on June 28th and I haven't received anything yet. For those who have gotten an email with a tracking number showing a ticket number in your reservation, what date did you submit your request?

Trying to get a handle on where GlobalPass stands in processing the pile of requests. I'm going to wait a bit more before I start taking additional action to give them some time to do the right thing. But, I don't want to wait too long to start increasing the SQUEAKY wheel level again.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by freeflyer
I just received an email from GlobalPass indicating that they have started processing one of my three award requests. After logging into the GP website, I selected Award Tracking and entered the request number. I could then see the complete itinerary, and also the ticket numbers! This is a positive development...
others got this message over a week ago and still no tkts.

As for me Nothin except the email from 7/1 saying No more tkts
Old Jul 13, 2005, 2:19 pm

I Have Ticket #'s for Some!!!

My wife and I each received a call from Global Pass today to obtain credit card information for award tickets. I've gone to the GP website and can see that they have given us ticket numbers for some of our flights.

While they have told us that they were issuing tickets in the order that the requests were made, it appears that they are initially only issuing tickets for itineraries including the member. Other family members, friends, etc. would appear to be in limbo still. My suspicion is that they are issuing these tickets first and will hopefully issue the balance if there is sufficient ticket availability once this first round is done.

Although I told them in my request to expedite the tickets if it would get the tickets to me more quickly, I see that they have only charged me $15, rather than the $50 expedite fee.

Oh, I FAXED in my award request on June 24th at the end of the day.

Last edited by rhinochaser; Jul 13, 2005 at 2:20 pm Reason: Added Information
Old Jul 13, 2005, 3:33 pm

For what it's worth

According to a GlobalPass agent this afternoon, they are still working through the ticket requests as they received them. They are modifying that to process first those who have travel dates coming up soon (don't know how soon "soon" is!). I can see on MY MESSAGES on the GlobalPass website that they've at least read my submission from June 28th now--they hadn't before. So....I guess they are following some sort of order. The agent also said they expect it to take them up to 4 more weeks to process all the award requests. (As long as I keep seeing people post that they're receiving ticket numbers/award emails and their fax/email date is before mine on June 28th, I'll hang out and see what develops.)

I asked what happens when they run out of stock again, and was told they are planning on requesting more and more as they need it to fill all the requests. But, the agent was careful to include an out by stressing that was the "plan" with no guarantee.

Also, it was interesting to note that they have been instructed to use only your original award request. I, for example, sent a new email and fax after July 1st changing the processing levelrequested for my awards to expedite. The agent said that didn't matter, I would still be processed as standard as that was my original request before the program closed out. She said not to worry about expedite because it wouldn't get me processed any quicker, it just gets the tickets, once processed, in your hands quicker. She stressed that once you get your award email and can see the ticket number in your reservation, it's a "done deal"--no worries! I assume that's why the poster above was only charged $15 instead of $50--looks like the results as reported by posters are matching what they're saying.

The agent also said they will send an email per each reservation confirmation--not one email per each submission.

Let's keep each other posted here on progress getting ticket numbers. Please include the date of your request so we can see when we might expect similar emails from GlobalPass.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Two items to add to the mix. I, too, was told today by GP that "no problem", "we'll be processing all requested tickets", and "we're now doing them in the order of travel date .... finishing up the July, Aug, and Sept tix." Separately, last week I received an e-mail from TACA apologizing for GP's incorrect e-mail (the one saying "no more award tickets") and that "TACA will definitely honor all of these reservations."

So, good news indeed, all around.

Kudos to the agents at GP who seem to handle our phone calls with great courtesy (even after answering, likely the same questions over and over).
Old Jul 13, 2005, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Would it not be much easier, reduce the many calls to GP, reduce the stress on the customers (forget, they do not count), and clear things up IF:

They sent a group email to all those that have tickets "on order" but not processed with their process to get them out??? Stop the telephone traffic and get the GP people working on writing tickets!

Wonder if they really are going in order of request received OR doing the earlier (Aug) trip plans first? What a pain for those with unprocessed tickets, plans in AUG, and not being able to complete other trip reservations.

I thought if they have 100 tickets to issue, can do 4 per hour, have 2 employees, -- they could do them all 2 days!!! So why the BIG delay?

FRUSTRATING
Old Jul 13, 2005, 6:57 pm

No joy here yet. Our first trip is the second week in August and the res. apparently expired. The good news is that Taca reinstated it, no problem.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:02 pm

E-Mail From Taca Confirming Tickets will be Issued

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Two items to add to the mix. I, too, was told today by GP that "no problem", "we'll be processing all requested tickets", and "we're now doing them in the order of travel date .... finishing up the July, Aug, and Sept tix." Separately, last week I received an e-mail from TACA apologizing for GP's incorrect e-mail (the one saying "no more award tickets") and that "TACA will definitely honor all of these reservations."

So, good news indeed, all around.

Kudos to the agents at GP who seem to handle our phone calls with great courtesy (even after answering, likely the same questions over and over).
I also received an e-mail from TACA today that indicated that ALL tickets that they had provided award reservations for would in fact be ticketed. (Assuming one has the miles, presumably.) TACA copied GlobalPass on the e-mail and told me to contact TACA again if I was having any difficulty getting the reservations ticketed. I think that we are turning the corner on this thing and I am extremely hopeful that ALL of the tickets will be issued.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:14 pm
Original Member

That seems to be good news (although I have had no reply to my e-mails to them). I am most concerned that they get me ticketed (I have offered to pay for expedite, from prior experience) within the 35 day window of the TACA reservation. I don't relish the thought of having to try to keep getting TACA to reinstate the reservation until GP finally gets around to ticketing it.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 8:26 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Talked em into issuing one more ticket number today. And this one was NOT IN MY NAME. It was like pulling teeth to get em to do it. But the travel date was just around the corner.

So now I have 7 numbers. No tickets, but 7 numbers.

I'm quite optimistic for all of us at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.