Isn't it strange? (not for GP)

 
Old Jul 11, 05, 10:40 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: IL & AZ
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Posts: 3,649
Isn't it strange? (not for GP)

I went back a month to see posts. Note the one below from Harvey 108 posted 4 June that says he called GP and they told him how to extend his account to be active for another 3 years - just buy a ticket from their travel agency. This "good advice" given to him just days before they informed all that the program would end in 3 weeks!!

Hope the ticket he bought was really needed and not too much of a surcharge for using the "excellent service" of GP.

And maybe he used up one of those valuable TACA ticket stock!!
============================

Posts: 80 Extending Validity Period of Miles Another 3 years

I have not noticed it posted here in this forum earlier, and I did not know until last week, so I thought I would post:

To extend the validity of your Miles with Globalpass I have found that I can just call the Globalpass toll-free number and order one e-ticket for any person and that same day the credit is posted to my online account and the validity is extended for another three years. I had earlier worried that I would have to rent a car from Thrifty or Avis (which I didn't plan on doing otherwise), but the Globalpass agent informed me that I could just buy a ticket from them from any airlines that is on the standard agency reservation system so I purchased a ticket from them LAX to Las Vegas on America West...on May 31 and the credits have already posted into my online Globalpass account. It is much less a bother than waiting 4-6 weeks to see if a partner, like a car rental company is actually going to send over the credit to Globalpass, especially as we had no real reason to rent a car
SAPMAN is offline  
Old Jul 11, 05, 10:57 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 103
Originally Posted by SAPMAN

Hope the ticket he bought was really needed and not too much of a surcharge for using the "excellent service" of GP.
Nope, I did not need that ticket and I thought, on May 31 when I called them and made the order, that the charge was not much considering I had over 450,000 GP miles which I needed to extend validity on. I am still considering my response options.
Harvey108 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 4:27 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: IL & AZ
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Posts: 3,649
Harvey108

I dont know what you should do. What a scam. Have you buy a ticket to exend your validity for GP, and then less than 1 week later pull the plug on the mileage program. So there was no use to extend your time to remain active as the program ended 30 days later. Wow!

My guess is they will say -- "We did not know the program was ending" -- But I guarantee you they do not have time to make such a major decision and announce it in less that one week. (If they had not made final decision, GP surely knew it was being considered. They should have told you to call back in 2 weeks as changes in program were being considered.)

I think they should at least give you a free trip somewhere that you can use.
SAPMAN is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 6:02 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Posts: 404
Don't forget that one can extend the validity of GP miles for three years by purchasing something through the GlobalPass Mall. I bought a book last year from Barnes & Noble and earned around 80 miles.
freeflyer is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 6:11 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,432
Originally Posted by freeflyer
Don't forget that one can extend the validity of GP miles for three years by purchasing something through the GlobalPass Mall. I bought a book last year from Barnes & Noble and earned around 80 miles.
Before anyone goes and buys something in order to extend their 'whatever' please contact me I have a few better deals that you would most likely be interested in, such as a stack of $8 Bills I sell them for only $3 that leaves you with an immediate profit of $5, also as Real Estate prices have soared Ive decided to unload some of my possesions eg The Brooklyn Bridge, Interstate 95 (the whole thing) my house a/k/a The White House Im really no longer interested in living in DC, I can go on & on but if interested let me know and Id fax you the whole list. Get in while you can. Why waste you $$$ by giving it to GP when you can waste it by giving it to ME.
craz is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 6:24 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Posts: 404
Hey Mr. Negativity, I've got one word for you: overstock.com! (Yes, it's a GP Mall partner).

Actually, you can also earn GP miles by booking your tickets online - not only through GP's own web booking service, but also through Priceline.com!! (2 GP miles per $).
freeflyer is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 6:42 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,432
Originally Posted by freeflyer
Hey Mr. Negativity, I've got one word for you: overstock.com! (Yes, it's a GP Mall partner).

Actually, you can also earn GP miles by booking your tickets online - not only through GP's own web booking service, but also through Priceline.com!! (2 GP miles per $).
OK you piqued my interest, why would you or anyone else who is of sound-mind what to add to their stash of "whatever" at GP? at least at this time, till the whole thing gets worked out. It would be like trying to keep your TWA or PanAm miles intact, or try going into astore with Confederate Money you'll be able to use just as well as use the GP whatever.

Now if they hold to their word and do in fact issue the tkts that everyone made by 6pm on 6/30 and sent the info to GP by that time, then and ONLY then does it make any sense to continue to spend any $$$ in order to put some more 'whatever' into their program.
craz is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 9:00 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: IL & AZ
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Posts: 3,649
[deleted -- error in my posting]
SAPMAN

Last edited by SAPMAN; Jul 13, 05 at 10:04 pm
SAPMAN is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 11:09 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,035
Originally Posted by craz
Before anyone goes and buys something in order to extend their 'whatever' please contact me I have a few better deals that you would most likely be interested in, such as a stack of $8 Bills I sell them for only $3 that leaves you with an immediate profit of $5, also as Real Estate prices have soared Ive decided to unload some of my possesions eg The Brooklyn Bridge, Interstate 95 (the whole thing) my house a/k/a The White House Im really no longer interested in living in DC, I can go on & on but if interested let me know and Id fax you the whole list. Get in while you can. Why waste you $$$ by giving it to GP when you can waste it by giving it to ME.
Whoa, whoa just a second here. Craz, just exactly when did you start captializing your sentences and using punctuation?????? Have I been on vacation or something? Is it just me?????
tfjim is offline  
Old Jul 13, 05, 11:31 pm
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Posts: 22,432
Originally Posted by tfjim
Whoa, whoa just a second here. Craz, just exactly when did you start captializing your sentences and using punctuation?????? Have I been on vacation or something? Is it just me?????
I guess you can chalk it up to the 'Wonders of Alcohol'. They say it does strange things to people! But Im not a 'people'.

Been trying lately to Proff Read before hitting submitt. What a pain, but I guess its better that I have the Pain then all you people out there trying to figure out 'What the Heck I wrote and meant'. Got to remember to drink then go on FT. LoL
craz is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread