So do I have a problem or am I lucky?

Old Jul 8, 05, 9:01 am
Original Poster

So do I have a problem or am I lucky?

I have been very confused about all the post regarding the termination of Global Pass / Taca relationship.

Scenario 1:
I have real printed TACA tickets issued by GP for a flight later this month. Do I need to worry aobut TACA accepting these?

Scenario 2:
In May I had reserved some tickets with Taca for next year.
In May I transfered miles from AMEX to GP
In May I called GP to ticket, they gave me ticket numbers
In May I called TACA, they stated that my reservations had ticket numbers

GP said they would send me the real tickets in December [one month before flight]. How much do I need to worry about not receving these tickets?

What are your thoughts on Scenario 1 and 2?
Old Jul 8, 05, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IMO, S1 should be no prob unless Taca goes under for some unseen reason, they already got their $$ (what-ever it is) from GP

S2 as long as GP and Taca are around you shouldnt have a problem, I would try and see if GP would send the tkts out now, you might have to pay a charge but it would be well worth it in order to have the tkts in hand. again you are probably safe in as much as Taca already gave GP the tkt #s but what if GP goes down for the count. a few weeks ago I wasnt worried about it now I would be. Could eb GP will say in as much as you didnt orginally request it that we can no longer send them out till its teh proper time, but nothin to lose by trying.
Old Jul 8, 05, 11:25 am

Programs: Former DL GM, NW Platinum, UNITED PREMIER, STARWOOD GOLD, RG, LP, US, AA & OTHERS
Originally Posted by AAaLot
I have been very confused about all the post regarding the termination of Global Pass / Taca relationship.

Scenario 1:
I have real printed TACA tickets issued by GP for a flight later this month. Do I need to worry aobut TACA accepting these?

Scenario 2:
In May I had reserved some tickets with Taca for next year.
In May I transfered miles from AMEX to GP
In May I called GP to ticket, they gave me ticket numbers
In May I called TACA, they stated that my reservations had ticket numbers

GP said they would send me the real tickets in December [one month before flight]. How much do I need to worry about not receving these tickets?

What are your thoughts on Scenario 1 and 2?
I too have a real printed TACA tkt. (Taca stock) issued 01/05 for KLM flights and the Outbound segment has already been flown. I CANNOT get anyone to do a date change for the return, and hope your dates coming & going are FIRM. Otherwise you may have a problem. TACA say's they DON'T see my ticket number...can anyone explain that?

2. The "next year" dates as stated above I hope are firm & you don't have to change. This could turn out to be a major problem for many!
I too did a transfer from Amex to GP, and I did not have a problem. Posted a little slow, but posted. Used them and they are gone.
I also have a tkt number for a NEW reservation, I see it on Taca, but still says In Q on GP....maybe we BOTH should pay the $50 and get the tkt?

Search this Thread