Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Positive Email from John Jackson, Senior Vice President of Marketing for GlobalPass

Positive Email from John Jackson, Senior Vice President of Marketing for GlobalPass

Old Jul 6, 05, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler

This is the email response I received today from John Jackson, Senior Vice President of Marketing for GlobalPass regarding this "GlobalMess." I am pretty optimistic about the outcome of this situation after receiving this email and noting that tvl4free has also received positive email and actions from GP.

Dear Mrs. Van Dyke,

Please accept my apologies for the confusion; I’m advised by our Customer Care Center that as your reservations were confirmed before the June 29th deadline, they will be ticketed as requested. We are experiencing an unusually high volume of requests at the present time and will appreciate your patience while we process your tickets.

GlobalPass appreciates your business and we sincerely hope that you will continue to take advantage of the GlobalPass customer benefits in the future. Under our new business model, we have just launched a new airline booking engine that will allow you online access to over 500 airlines world wide with the following benefits:

1. Three payment options

a. Credit Card (With this form of payment you will earn 4 GlobalMiles per dollar spent on the airfare)

b. GlobalMiles (Using our “Miles as Money™ option, you are able to purchase your ticket from your GlobalMiles balance)

c. Combination Payment (This options allows you to pay with a combination of GlobalMiles and your credit card)

2. Competitive fares

3. User Friendly Online booking access

4. Other online earn/purchase opportunities (check www.globalpass.com for details)

Thank you for your continued interest.

John Jackson

Senior V.P. Marketing
Old Jul 6, 05, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i guess that leaves me in the OutHouse as although I had made my reservations with Taca on the 28th and the 29th I only emailed them in to GP on the 30th as I was told we had until 6pm on the 30th to get it in. So Im sure that GP NEVER went and confirmed them with GT.

In his letter he said in as much as you had your res confirmed by the deadline of the 29th. When did it become the 29th from the 30th??

Gues Ill have to email this guy myself.

Last edited by craz; Jul 6, 05 at 5:41 pm
Old Jul 7, 05, 12:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Choice Diamond, Alaska 75K, Avianca, Etihad
Originally Posted by vandykes44

Dear Mrs. Van Dyke,

Please accept my apologies for the confusion; I’m advised by our Customer Care Center that as your reservations were confirmed before the June 29th deadline, they will be ticketed as requested. We are experiencing an unusually high volume of requests at the present time and will appreciate your patience while we process your tickets.

GlobalPass appreciates your business and we sincerely hope that you will continue to take advantage of the GlobalPass customer benefits in the future. Under our new business model, we have just launched a new airline booking engine that will allow you online access to over 500 airlines world wide with the following benefits:

1. Three payment options

a. Credit Card (With this form of payment you will earn 4 GlobalMiles per dollar spent on the airfare)

b. GlobalMiles (Using our “Miles as Money™ option, you are able to purchase your ticket from your GlobalMiles balance)

c. Combination Payment (This options allows you to pay with a combination of GlobalMiles and your credit card)

2. Competitive fares

3. User Friendly Online booking access

4. Other online earn/purchase opportunities (check www.globalpass.com for details)

Thank you for your continued interest.

John Jackson

Senior V.P. Marketing

Dos this mean we no longer have to "earn" 50% of our miles first in order to use our GlobalMiles?
Old Jul 7, 05, 1:00 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Originally Posted by davistev
Does this mean we no longer have to "earn" 50% of our miles first in order to use our GlobalMiles?

When I wrote GlobalPass I stated if there is no possibility of getting TACA tickets, then an alternative remedy would be to allow me to use my remaining balance without having to earn new GlobalPass miles to release my old GlobalPass miles.

I'm surprised nobody has posted new information today. I haven't seen any change in my account, but since Randy's post assured us GlobalPass is trying to remedy the situation I have held off filing any more complaints.
Old Jul 7, 05, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did call GP and wanted to know what if anything did my Emailing my request in have over Faxing it in. I was told that they are taking them 1 by 1 and email or fax had no difference in the order.

When I mentioned if thats the case why is it that some memebers have received emails with tkt #s and they faxed it in on 6/30, ahe had no response other than what she had already told me.

So far 2 emails that I sent in yesterday havent been answered.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: