Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

What is your ticket response number and how many tickets!

What is your ticket response number and how many tickets!

Old Jul 2, 05, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL 2 Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, IHG Platinum
Response number 3094 with two D and two T tickets ORD-SJO under two reservations.
Old Jul 2, 05, 3:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton G, Delta G, UA 1k, AA G
I requested 2 tickets Jfk-GRU in D , 1 LAX-EZE in D, 1 MIA-BZE in D and 1 JFK-BZE in D (requested June 29) and 2 JFK-GUA in T(requested June 24).

My sister 2 JFK- SJO in T, 2 JFK-BZE in T, 7 JFK-GUA in T (requested June 29)
Old Jul 3, 05, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

all booked with Taca on 6/29 and emailed to GP on 6/30 at 4:10pm (they said all requests had to be made to them GP by 6pm on 6/30)

2 'D' JFK-SJO

2 'D' JFK-UIO

2 'D' JFK-GUA

2 'D' JFK-SJO

1 'T' JFK-SCL

For what its worth Im sure that GP and GP knew what was coming down and that GP was gonna be be limited to the available tkt stock it had on hand. Which in no way was mentioned anywhere and Taca knew full well that they were making Free Award Res for GP tkts even though they had no intent on giving GP any further tkt stock. I cant believe for 1 sec that GP and Taca wasnt in on this together. And will simply pass the buck to the other. taca could have done E-tkts as it does for its own.

Congradulations to those who were able to act from the 1st mention of the GP posting and have their tkts in hand. If you dont have the tkts in hand, I would assume that you arent going to have them in hand at any time.

As for reponse #s, I dont believe that the # will indicate anything as its a # that is given every time you "HIT" that "Submitt" it moved teh # up by 1. I had all of my res on 1 email and I did have to send it 4 times as I kept leaving info out that I remembered about after I sent it. So if you emailed them a question the # went up by 1.

Also in a different thread 'milesrus' wrote that Randy LOST all of his 1 Mil miles as GP didnt credit him with a car rental that would have kept his miles alive beyond the orginal 3 years. If Randy wasnt able to get his own miles reinstated then I doubt he'd be able to do much for us at this time.

I feel that the best thing we can do is to try and get the Press to put the pressure onto both Taca and GP and get as much Negative PR especially for Taca as we can.

Last edited by craz; Jul 3, 05 at 1:24 pm
Old Jul 4, 05, 5:00 am

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
One of my friends requested:

4 tickets ORD to GUA in Business
3 tickets ORD to LIM in Business
2 tickets ORD to SJO in Economy

Another friend requested

1 ticket ORD to GUA in Business
Old Jul 5, 05, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Reserved confirmation, made on 6/23/05 for:

5 Business Class tickets LAX-SJO rt.
Old Jul 5, 05, 4:53 pm

Message #'s Not Too Useful

Originally Posted by cygone
Dhacker,

Actually you are right, what I do know is “my messages” are sequentially received because my requests follow in order. What I think we should have is a general idea of how many tickets we are talking about. The fact is the “my messages” may not give us a good idea of how many tickets because we also had the option of requests by email and fax as well, which I have learned from emails I received, is the way many people requested awards. By the way, people who made requests by mail or fax have not been notified they will not be receiving tickets yet!

I have spoken to a friend who is a lawyer and a former GP member, he suggested we approach GP to file an action in our behalf to force TACA to meet its commitments for the month of June and the reservations they processed. If GP truly had an agreement with TACA for participation thru the end of the month, than TACA can not pick an choose which portions of the program they wish to participate in.

If GP is actually in business for the long haul as they tell us than they would do everything possible to defend the rights of their most loyal customers. If they have no intention of defending our rights than they may be acting in collusion with TACA to defraud us!
The "Message Numbers" are not just for award ticket requests. They cover any sort of GP inquiry. Also, there appeared to be three (3) separate message numbers recorded for each inquiry or message sent. One was for what you sent, the 2nd was for their reply of receipt, and I forget what the 3rd one was for. I noticed only because I somehow got access to a list messages that included more than ones I had sent. KEEP YOU CC#'s out of your messages, as the GP system is not secure!
Old Jul 5, 05, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

KEEP YOU CC#'s out of your messages, as the GP system is not secure![/QUOTE]

now you tell us, but if you in fact didnt include it then they would have had grounds for denying the whole thing as it didnt have all the info that they needed and requested.
Old Jul 5, 05, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Craz, I was also asked by GP to e-mail my cc information which I refused. I did fax it in with a copy of the email attached. If anything this would be a double request!
Old Jul 5, 05, 6:15 pm

I can verify that GP's email is not secure as I did include my CC# in the message to GP. I've never written my CC# in an email before; however, I was afraid that if I called it in or faxed it in and it was not readily available with my award reservation request, that GP might not ticket my awards. So I said a prayer and sent the email with my CC#.

Today, my credit card was denied when I went to make a purchase. I called my credit card customer service to find out that they had put a hold on my account because of suspicious activity. Sure enough, someone tried to make purchases in Georgia with my number. Fortunately, they were only able to make 2 purchases before shutting down my account.

Lesson learned the hard way.
Old Jul 5, 05, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Vandykes44. I hope you will not suffer any personal damage out of this.

Your case however proofs that LP cannot call this excuse for any request e-mailed in without credit card numbers.
Old Jul 5, 05, 8:20 pm

2 tickets BOS to SJO in Business
2 tickets IAD to SJO in Business
1 ticket BOS to VVI in Business

I was so happy I could send my dad to Santa Cruz as so few airlines fly to Bolivia and buying tickets on those that do is quite expensive. And like many people on this board, I invested hours planning these itineraries and calling Taca on multiple occasions to see if award space on certain segments had opened up (which, happily, finally occured). I followed the rules as laid out on the GP website and made confirmed reservations on Taca which was a member of GP at the time of my request. Again, I ask GP and Taca, please tell me what I did wrong?
Old Jul 5, 05, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vandykes44
I can verify that GP's email is not secure as I did include my CC# in the message to GP. I've never written my CC# in an email before; however, I was afraid that if I called it in or faxed it in and it was not readily available with my award reservation request, that GP might not ticket my awards. So I said a prayer and sent the email with my CC#.

Today, my credit card was denied when I went to make a purchase. I called my credit card customer service to find out that they had put a hold on my account because of suspicious activity. Sure enough, someone tried to make purchases in Georgia with my number. Fortunately, they were only able to make 2 purchases before shutting down my account.

Lesson learned the hard way.
sorry to hear the bad news and Thanks for posting about it, as Im positive that you werent the Only one to email your CC info.

as a precaution I will monitor my CC accts very closely least somehow anything was ill gained and not stopped as your Bank was on top of yours. Are you certain that they got the info via GPs site? not that Im not gonna assume otherwise
Old Jul 6, 05, 5:18 am

I'm pretty sure that they got my CC# from the email. It's a credit card that I rarely use and thought it would be the easiest one I have to monitor activity, as I was very leary about sending my number via email. I had not used the credit card in over a week before I sent the number to GP and also didn't try to use it again until yesterday, 1.5 weeks after I had given it to GP. I don't know how else anyone could have gotten my number, particularly someone in Georgia, since I'm in Michigan.
Old Jul 6, 05, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the past 2 years I had 2 fraud attempts - the only fraud attempts I ever had with any of my c-cards. Both attempts were by individuals from FLA at vendors in FLA. Both happened about 2 months after I had an interaction with GP requiring given them my cc information. Coincidence, strange, just bad luck? ....... really don't know what to make of it.
Old Nov 1, 05, 1:17 pm

Smile Got my tickets

I received my TACA tickets today from GlobalPass for award travel departing December 24, returning January 1. The trip was booked June 9. Five business class tickets ORD-PTY.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: