Wiki Posts
Search

The END has come!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
The END has come!

As of now, one can no longer use their LP/GP miles for free travel. I wonder how many millions of miles were left on the table.

Worst of all, as GP did not notify its customers, there are likely 75% or more that do not even know their hard earned (?) miles have vanished. Just imagine if you were off on a month long trip and returned 1 July, signed on to Flyertalk to find your 600,000 miles were worthless. How would you feel?

I was lucky and only had a few miles left in acct. as I had used them up earlier this year. I am going to EZE in Aug., with help of a friendly FlyerTalker who could not use his miles.

As Roy Orbinson would sing, .... It's Over, It's Over....
Old Jun 30, 2005, 11:06 pm
Suspended

Not really, the cashing in for free tkts is over.

But the hassles and arguments to get the tkts is 1st beginning. Im sure we will posting for a number of months now how GT or GP wont do this or that, or fast ones each are trying to pull.

I do hope that the above doesnt happen and that both GT & GP live up to their end that as long as the flights were booked with Taca and emailed or faxed to GP by 6 pm on 6/30 that they will send the tkts,eventually.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 6:40 am
Original Member

Great While it Lasted!

Well, this was great while it lasted. One of the craziest/smartest things I have ever done. Had to put up with some hassles along the way, but the rewards were well worth it. Saw a part of the world I might not have, and plan on visiting again.

I raise my glass to the idiot, er, genius(!) in the LatinPass promotional department who originated the idea!!

BTW--A coincidence that the end comes 5 years TO THE DAY from the time when the LP Million Mile run had to be completed by (June 30, 2000)?

Last edited by Djlawman; Jul 1, 2005 at 6:42 am
Old Jul 1, 2005, 10:24 am

Programs: United 1K
Yes, this was a wonderful experience for me and my friends. Got to visit South America which is so beautiful and rich with culture. Got my fingers crossed that Global Pass will send out my request for trips to Lima and Santiago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.