Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

Questions on GP processing, TACA awards?

Old Jun 17, 05, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus

I was unsure if I should put this in the longer thread, but thought it was wandering a bit - so will start this new one:

1. Has anyone been able to book TACA Award flights (get a locator #) to S.A. since 16 June (Thur)?? Busn. or Coach?

2. If so, where to and how difficult was it to find dates with seats?

3. Has anyone been able to get GP to Expedite tickets to be sent within a week (assuming you have reservations for Aug and beyond)? I heard they take the Expedite $$, but will not do the ticketing until after July 1st.

Comments on the above and other transactions with TACA and GP are appreciated. I ask this as I have read or heard so many different stories.

Thanks.
Old Jun 19, 05, 10:06 am

information received Friday from GP

I have booked a number of tickets in the last week... early in the week they told me that there was no need to pay an expedite fee , as all tickets would be sent out in the near future.. since this was the end of the reward tickets issuing, and they wanted to clean it all up. I offered to pay an expedite fee, but they said it was not necessary.

On Friday the agent said that now they were not 100% sure that they were going to send them all out right away, she said they may still do so, but she did not want to promise... she said that they have been very busy, so some discussion was taking place about not sending them all out immediately.

so , bottom line, if we don't get out tickets early July, we will follow up to see what can be done.

tom
Old Jun 19, 05, 10:12 am

back to normal expedite fees?

Now i just read the other thread, and someone there says that the original procedure for tickets is back in effect, that is, expedite fees if you want the tickets now.

what confusion !!! as usual. Its like dealing with a company run by high school kids, only I think high school kids would do a better job of planning and managing the program.
Old Jun 19, 05, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
I booked tickets this morning with no problem at all for dates in Feb.... two J seats JFKSJO
Old Jun 19, 05, 1:26 pm

You may want to re-book

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
I booked tickets this morning with no problem at all for dates in Feb.... two J seats JFKSJO
Globalpass informed me that they would only be ticketing seats that you reserve with TACA in "D" class for Business Class or "T" class for Economy class, so you may want to re-book.
Old Jun 19, 05, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Harvey108
Globalpass informed me that they would only be ticketing seats that you reserve with TACA in "D" class for Business Class or "T" class for Economy class, so you may want to re-book.
That's right. These are the award classes on TA.
Old Jun 19, 05, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Yes, I booked in D class.... just meant that I booked business class which I normally short hand as J!
Old Jun 20, 05, 10:13 am

Correct me if I am wrong please:

In the past couple of years when I have booked reservations with TACA I followed this procedure:

1. Booked reservation with TACA on phone directly.
2. Called Global Pass to have ticket processed.
3. Checked GP web site day later and verifed ticket number in reservaton.
4. Called TACA and had them record ticket number in reservation.

Once the ticket is recorded in the reservation is it not true the ticket has been issued. The reason I ask this is, my son and his girlfreind lost award tickets issued by GP and TACA reissued for a fee of $25.00 per ticket. Once a ticket is issued I believe it must be paid for: and there may be no reason to pay expedited delivery fees. Please ring in with opinions as I am not expert.
Old Jun 20, 05, 1:53 pm

No Reservation for Award Tickets Right Now

I calld Taca just now to make SFO/EZE reservation and told that there is no room for the award tickets in January. They told that it is not because January is too far but the whole reservation process for the awards stops at the moment, as they can make no reservation even in August.
It seems that Taca is now thinking how to handle the Globalpass Award.
Old Jun 20, 05, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jazzy
I calld Taca just now to make SFO/EZE reservation and told that there is no room for the award tickets in January. They told that it is not because January is too far but the whole reservation process for the awards stops at the moment, as they can make no reservation even in August.
It seems that Taca is now thinking how to handle the Globalpass Award.
Taca may be thinking until 1 July, then they will not need to worry about filling up seats with LP/GP flyers.
Old Jun 20, 05, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

cygone, Although technically correct, one never knows what will happen with GP? What if the company just goes out of business and no one to talk to or write tickets. I think the mess with TACA will not be worth the cost of expedited tickets.
Old Jun 20, 05, 6:29 pm

Programs: Platinum AA, LatinPass Million Miler
I just talked to Taca to make a few changes to some reserved tickets and to make 2 more reservations for new tickets from Chicago to GUA in September and from Chicago to La Paz in January. No problems.
Old Jun 20, 05, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by vandykes44
I just talked to Taca to make a few changes to some reserved tickets and to make 2 more reservations for new tickets from Chicago to GUA in September and from Chicago to La Paz in January. No problems.
Just seeing your post, I called Taka again and was told that the awards resevation is closed now. I asked them in this morning about LAX flight and got the same answer. Is Chicago a special case? No, I am confused.
Old Jun 21, 05, 7:24 am

What does that mean no more free tickets on TACA? I was told expediate is available. I said good charge me $50 and sent tickets to me. They said no because I failed to tell them that when making reservations. What a croc.
Old Jun 21, 05, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milesrus
What does that mean no more free tickets on TACA? I was told expediate is available. I said good charge me $50 and sent tickets to me. They said no because I failed to tell them that when making reservations. What a croc.
And GP expects to continue as a Travel Company?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: