New(?) KLM Mileage requirements

Old Apr 17, 05, 4:11 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

New(?) KLM Mileage requirements

Of course, Globalpass doesn't have an award schedule available anymore. You have to punch in the city codes into their Global Award Table, in order to find out how many miles they want.

Anyway, thought I would check on KLM availability, so I checked on EWR to AMS. Low and behold, coach is 100,000, business is 160,000 and First is 200,000. Same with IAD to AMS.

So, this may open up some KLM availability, but at significant cost of increased miles.

Flights I checked on flying on TACA still seemed to be the same.

Djlawman
Old Apr 18, 05, 8:37 am

My friend bought a boat named "Dova". After dealing with the marinas for a few years, he added "Ben" (which happened to be his son's name) in front of the name. He is now the proud Captain of the " Ben Dova ".

I think we should rename Global Pass "Ben Dova Pass"!
Old Apr 19, 05, 5:25 am
Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

This hopeless program is going to implode on itself in short order. If it dissolves, I guess I'll forfeit the 100 left in my GlobalPiss account.
Old Apr 19, 05, 7:50 am

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.

SLEAZY PASS

...worst Frequent Flyer Program in the Business... with the nicest customer service reps... make KLM bendover rates less painful.

Originally Posted by Djlawman
Of course, Globalpass doesn't have an award schedule available anymore... I would check on KLM availability, so I checked on EWR to AMS. Low and behold, coach is 100,000, business is 160,000 and First is 200,000. Same with IAD to AMS.
SleazyPass's approach re. the KLM increases is classic, 'Yes, they increased the award levels on us.'

If you would like to complain (like it will do any good), please feel to verbalize:

Guy Booth
Head Honcho,
SleazyPass/GLOBAL PASS
6355 NW 36th Street (Suite 600)
Miami, FL 33166
USA

If anyone ever took these people to court, I'd like to hear about it. Please jet me an e.

PS I think we need to make Randy aware of this one!

Last edited by tvl4free; Apr 19, 05 at 3:03 pm
Old Apr 19, 05, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A Bright side to it All

If it opens up availability then the # of miles will still be less than what most US carriers are charging for 'rule busting' a/k/a Standard Awards.

Since before this it was almost impossible to get a tkt on KLM then I see this as an Improvement, to those who are willing to anty-up the miles. So its no different than not finding any free tkts on ones favorite US carrier unless one is willing to pay up 2X for a standard. Im sure they are a number of people who do cash out at the Standard Award Levels, I havent and hope not to.

The Big negative is no way to get a tkt at the old reduced levels, but hardly anyone ever did anyway.
Old Apr 19, 05, 5:44 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Does KLM offer first class from the US? The SFO-AMS flight only has business class.
Old Apr 19, 05, 7:05 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
no senor. only beeeznis y main cabina.

Search this Thread