Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Still have LP (GP) miles left?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 11:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
I still have 360000 left from a Million Mile run. I occassional have a stay at Hilton credited to my account to reset the 3 year clock on experation. It is hard to use the the remaining miles from Seattle. With the loss of Hilton transfers and US Air, there is no way to burn points from Seattle. I have thought about using KLM from YVR to AMS but have never called GlobalPass to see if there is any availablility. I can only hope that some day GlobalPass gets:

A. A North American Domestic Partner.
B. The Taca group starts flying out of Seattle.
C. GlobalPass allows Hilton or Marriot transfer out of GlobalPass.

I am not holding my breath for any of these to happen soon...
Old Jan 16, 2005, 9:57 am

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
I still have near 575,000 miles remianing. I transferred most of them to Hilton and routinely stay at Hilton and double dip to GlobalPass to keep my account current. I am hoping for some free travel in the future to Costa Rica and S America. Perhaps GlobalPass will add more partners.

The LatinPass run was the trip of a lifetime! I agree that we did get to see areas/countries we may never have visited. I do intend to return to Machu Picchu with my wife some day. My friends still do not believe that I was able to travel for 12 days with just a very small carry on!

Hopefully this thread will keep alive to share ideas on how to use these miles!

David B.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 5:57 pm

About 180,000 miles left from the 530,000 earned.

The Latinpass run was a great experience and worth it without any redemption of miles. Three of us departed Oregon and five days later returned with lots of stories. One of the best was of the three of us having dinner in Guatemala City at the steak house south of the hotel (forgot the hotel name); we ate and drank with excellent service, all for about $25 each.

Sadly, Dan, one of my Latinpass adventure partners, died last March very unexpectedly at the age of 50. At his memorial, I got the chance to tell his brother of our Latinpass adventures, leading to tears from his brother and me.

It's one of those stories that is truly memorable, just a crazy and wild scavenger hunt for miles through seven countries in 42 hours.

We used miles:

1. FC on USAir SEA-Reagan/DC for my son and I
2. FC on TWA PDX-MCO for our family
3. Hilton transfers
4. Marriott transfer -- 90,000 LP points for the Marriott 200,000 point reward (since cancelled), which we used for two tickets to Hawaii and a week at the Maui Marriott Ocean Club.

Hoping to hit Costa Rica someday with the balance of the miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.