Distancia Mileage Discount

Old Oct 1, 04, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Distancia Mileage Discount

Just made some reservations using Distancia miles. They give a 5K discount if you book 2 tickets from same Distancia account - so instead of 60K for my flights, it was only55K.

Also they ask you to pick up tickets at one of their ticket locations (only a few in US). But you can fax the into to ticket center and they will process and get tickets issued.

Reservations went easy and no problems on dates.
Old Oct 18, 04, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Never sure on GP / Distancia as to what will work. Agent told me today I could not get the 5K discount for booking two people unless I had total miles in account. ie. If one has 62,000 miles for a 70,000 Award (planning to buy the balance from Distancia), one cannot use the discount to get to 65K Award and then buy just 3,000 miles.
Old Oct 20, 04, 10:10 am

Programs: MSP raised, Elite since age 17
Maybe you could issue a ticket from the 70k account, and receive the 5k bonus. Then, combine the 5k with the 62k and purchase the additional 3k. Distancia rules on transfers, taken from their website:

Combine your miles!

You can combine your miles with those of up to two other DISTANCIA members to obtain the total number of miles required for your travel reward. In order to take advantage of this program, you must have in your account at least one third of the total number of miles required for your reward.
I'd suggest calling TACA and bouncing this off of them. Plus, combining the miles might take an extra step and/or paperwork that has to be processed by a ticket office. But, it may work.

Search this Thread