Globel Pass drops an airline

Old Oct 1, 04, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Globel Pass drops an airline

Just talked to GP about a trip within Argentina. They said they are no longer partner with Southern Winds Airlines, so have no awards for Internal Argentina travel anymore.

Only have a few miles left, so may just lose them. Was only 15 or 20K for internal flights before.

Anyone interested in cheap flights to Argentina, email me as I may have some vouchers available.

Also anyone with lots of miles expiring soon on Global Pass or Distancia (with a 3 yr. use or lose policy), I may be able to use for late 2005 (book now, fly later).

Remember to check your activity on GP to be sure your miles don't go up in smoke.
Old Oct 3, 04, 11:24 am

Programs: AA PLT/5MM; AS MVP GLD 75K; DL PLT; EK SLV; VX GLD; HHonors DIAM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by SAPMAN
Just talked to GP about a trip within Argentina. They said they are no longer partner with Southern Winds Airlines, so have no awards for Internal Argentina travel anymore.
When do you think they'll get around to taking Southern Winds off of their website?
Old Oct 3, 04, 9:22 pm
Original Member

You're on LatinPass Time

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
When do you think they'll get around to taking Southern Winds off of their website?

Well, since it took a year or two for them to take off 1) TWA; 2) US Airways; and 3) National, I would not expect it anytime soon. (as well as various other airlines, IIRC).

Djlawman
Old Oct 4, 04, 10:38 am
clipper

Correction on SouthernWinds

Just a correction... SouthernWinds (A4) continues to be a GlobalPass Affiliated Airline. However, they have suspended flights to the US.

SAPMAN may have misunderstood the Customer Care Agent.

Clipper

Old Oct 8, 04, 7:30 pm

The loss of A4 into Miami is, of course, a shame, as it narrows the US-Argentina route down to a very long trip through Central America and Peru. I redeemed one ticket on A4 last year for a friend. On the return back down from Miami the flight was cancelled, then delayed again, then changed to a different day. So, in any case, flexibility was the order of the day flying A4.

If you're ever planning a trip down to Argentina it may make sense to try to use A4 there for internal trips as the airfares can get expensive without lots of preplanning. In Argentina A4 competes agains Aerolineas Argentina as something of a businessman's airline, higher lever of service and quality. I flew AR several times last January and thought it was fine.
Old Oct 11, 04, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Am I wrong?

When I called GP for an Internal flight on Southern Winds, they said they no longer have Award travel with SW. I will try again, perhaps agent was wrong!! As if that ever happens with GP
Old Oct 13, 04, 9:55 pm

Excuse my ignorance but who is A4 ?
Old Oct 14, 04, 8:31 am
Original Poster

A4 is Southern Winds. They fly mainly internal Argentina. I did recall GP and found out A4 is still valid using GP miles. But depeding on the agent you get, they don't seem to have a good handle on the number of miles needed for the trip. I "think" it depends on the normal fare for the flight. Anyway I was wrong in my first post, but that is what I was told. Lesson is, check twice -- with GP three or four times

Search this Thread