Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > LatinPass/GlobalPass
Reload this Page >

distancia combine miles: TACA awards only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2004, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

would anybody have any experience on this? i.e. whether the Distancia "combine miles" option may be used to redeem an award say, on AA or KLM, which are both Distancia partners?

Your inputs would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Aug 30, 2004, 6:43 pm

I asked about this and was told only available for TACA LACSA etc award. Was able to combine mile from my account and my sons for Taca award. Quite an awkward process, we had to go to office to pick up award!
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

thanks for the info....you mean everyone combining had to be PHYSICALLY present during the issuance? tedious and awkward indeed, if that's the case. an authorization letter usually solves everything with other airlines
Old Oct 14, 2004, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
I talked to Distancia about combining miles from 2 accounts - I have a relative with extra miles. They said both people had to go to a TACA office to do this. So crazy, if they live 2,000 miles apart and neither near a TACA office Repr. seemed to think it may be ok for the person doing the transfer to go alone. Just makes no sense.

Maybe if someone wants to buy a TACA ticket, they should be required to go to a TACA office

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.