Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

PE on domestic Colombia flights worth it?

Old Oct 16, 22, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, UA Premier Plat, DL Silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum

Am I correct that the only real benefit of booking a PE seat on a domestic Colombian flight (as one with DL status) is a blocked middle seat, correct? Thereís no lounge access or a better soft product, right?
Old Oct 17, 22, 2:21 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Blocked middle seat, more leg space, first to board (Group 1), up to 3 free checked baggage

Not sure about health restrictions in Colombia, but PE should have better food and beverages. If the flight is long enough you can get a warm sandwich and alcoholic drinks
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 22, 10:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN A-List, Marriott Gold
I can't speak to Colombia flights specifically, but having flown in PE on several domestic flights in Chile this month, you may get lounge access. I believe LATAM's policy is that anyone in a "premium" cabin, which includes PE, gets lounge access (though whether the airport/terminal you're flying out of actually has a LATAM lounge is a different story).

I wouldn't get too excited for the on-board food/drink though; the sandwich is rather mediocre, and on all of our flights, the only drink options were Heineken, Coke/Diet Coke, coffee, orange juice, and water.

However, one thing to potentially keep an eye out for is that, at least in Chile, LATAM runs 787's on some of the domestic route and characterizes the front cabin as PE - even though it's the same fully lie-flat seat with IFE monitor that you get in business class on most of LATAM's international routes. For example, we snagged lie-flat "PE" seats on a 787 from PUQ-SCL for less than $150/person. But, LATAM only runs a 787 on that route 1x per day; on all the other PUQ-SCL daily flights, PE will the typical blocked middle seat, European style business class. So, if you're flexible on timing of flights, it's worth it to check all the different daily departures on your route - it may be the case that you can find a sweet PE deal in a much nicer seat.
fender5787 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 22, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR PC Platinum, UA Premier Plat, DL Silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Our flights would be BOG-MDE-SMR-BOG, so all hour to an hour and a half hops. Iím guessing none of those airports have domestic LATAM lounges? (I think BogotŠ has a LATAM lounge, but correct me if Iím wrong, but itís only for Intl pax, right?)
Old Nov 23, 22, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK ELP, LA PASS Black, FB Platinum
Originally Posted by fender5787 View Post
Our flights would be BOG-MDE-SMR-BOG, so all hour to an hour and a half hops. Iím guessing none of those airports have domestic LATAM lounges? (I think BogotŠ has a LATAM lounge, but correct me if Iím wrong, but itís only for Intl pax, right?)
Yes. That's correct. There are no domestic LATAM lounges in Colombia. But the international lounge in Bogota is great.

Search this Thread