Wiki Posts
Search

Record Locator / PNR ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Record Locator / PNR ?

It's been a few years since I've flown LATAM and I just booked a few trips for later this year. I received receipts with "Order Numbers" that are multiple digits, but not anything looks like a traditional record locator/PNR. Is this now the case or is there something else I should look for/reference?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: LA Platinum
Yes, that’s the new system, so everything should be correct. However, if you prefer a PNR (6 Digits) you can add the trip to the app and it will give you the PNR.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:57 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
I don't know why they are trying so hard to hide the PNR.

The self-service kiosk didn't recognize my passport and I didn't have the PNR code on hand. I had a good time typing the order number on that touchscreen
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the info on the app. I just did that the PNR showed up!
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:29 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Semphyra
I don't know why they are trying so hard to hide the PNR.
This will be a 'new normal' with NDC (IATA New Distribution Capability). Eventually all airlines will have to accept NDC standards. They way it was explained to me by our Corpo Travel Agency is that airlines will still use traditional hosts (SABRE, Amadeus), but sale will be via NDC web services. More information: https://www.iata.org/en/programs/air...retailing/ndc/
Semphyra likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Insano41m
Yes, that’s the new system, so everything should be correct. However, if you prefer a PNR (6 Digits) you can add the trip to the app and it will give you the PNR.
I'm seriously confused about adding the trip to the app. When I try to add the trip, it asks for the PNR. I can't find the PNR and the suggested method to get the PNR is to add the trip to the app. Seems like a catch-22 to me.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: LA Platinum
Originally Posted by Catbert10
I'm seriously confused about adding the trip to the app. When I try to add the trip, it asks for the PNR. I can't find the PNR and the suggested method to get the PNR is to add the trip to the app. Seems like a catch-22 to me.
No? At least in my app it says PNR or the Order/Trip number, and I’ve added a trip using the number so I’m not really sure.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 8:05 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
OK, problem solved. When I opened the app again to get a screen shot to post, I was prompted to download a new version of the app. And the new version works just as advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.