Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

JetBlue flight booked through LATAM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue flight booked through LATAM

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2022, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

LATAM flight with a JetBlue leg - lounge use in MIA?

I booked a LAX-LIM RT in business class for December this year. Flight to Lima is direct, but the return flight connects in MIA. LIM-MIA is on LATAM and MIA-LAX is operated by Jetblue (couldn’t resist trying out the mint suites).

The flight was booked with LATAM and I can see the entire itinerary on latamairlines.com. However, the JetBlue flight does not have a LATAM flight number. I believe they have an “interlining partnership” where they share multi airline itineraries but do not have codeshared flights.

My question is, will I still be able to use the LATAM lounge in MIA? Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CaliTravelbug; Mar 28, 2022 at 5:36 pm Reason: Clarified title
Old Mar 28, 2022, 9:45 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Probably not since LATAM operates on the South Terminal and I believe JetBlue operates on the Central Terminal and I don't think you can connect between them airside

Also note that the lounge opens at most days at 11:00 AM
Old Mar 29, 2022, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I hadn’t even thought about the terminal connection situation.

however, I believe I should be able to go through customs after landing, re-enter the south terminal security and use the lounge (though this is not my departure terminal, from what I’ve read you can enter a different terminal for lounge use). I would have to pass through security again at the central terminal to board my JetBlue flight. I realize this is a lot of hassle for lounge use but our layover is 3.5 hours so it would be worthwhile.

My only concern is that they will not allow me to enter at the LATAM lounge as my boarding pass shows a JetBlue flight, even if I purchased through LATAM.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: LA Platinum
Hi,

I would say that with a Jetblue ticket, even if purchased through LATAM, would not allow for lounge access, but I don’t know if LATAM allows arriving from an intercontinental flight as eligibility to access a lounge, like OW does, however even in that case I would think that it would only count if the onward flight is LATAM or Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.