Search

Travel Vouchers vs. Refunds

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2021, 10:05 pm
vji
Original Poster

Travel Vouchers vs. Refunds

Hi,

Recently booked a flight that got cancelled and I applied for a refund. LATAM sent me a travel voucher instead. I would like this amount back in cash - how do I do that?

In "My Wallet" there is no way to submit a request to my bank account or refund to CC. Calling LATAM doesn't yield any results either.

USA based, if that matters.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Not sure how it works for US accounts, but in Chile I was able to request a transfer to my bank account

Try this link https://www.latamairlines.com/us/en/e-wallet/cash-out
Old Dec 19, 2021, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That link produced an error when I tried it while logged in to the US site.

But the US site does say those features are coming, they're just not here yet:

What can you do with your LATAM Wallet?

• Add money to purchase LATAM products and services (coming soon).
  • Receive your refunds automatically (coming soon).
  • Request the withdrawal of the money that is available (coming soon).
My voucher issued recently is good for almost 12 months. Isn't yours?

So I'm just going wait patiently for them to get around to the things that are "coming soon".
Old Nov 19, 2022, 2:15 pm
vji
Original Poster

update to this:there's an option now to cash out if you are US based.
Semphyra likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 5:54 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
An interesting data point: some time ago I booked an award flight for a friend on a domestic flight operated by Latam Peru. The flight was cancelled as a result of the recent accident at Lima airport. The friend asked me to cancel the reservation rather than rebook and I was supposed to be fully compensated. I was compensated to my Latam Wallet but interestingly, the miles for the award trip were converted into usd, at the amount that was stated during the reservation of the award (I think it was around 110 usd for a bit more than 9000 miles). The Wallet says that I should use part of the compensation money by mid-January or (if I uderstand it correctly) it will disappear. I don't think it would be easy to cash out the money back to my credit card given that I made the reservation for someone else and that the main part of the payment was made with miles. I suppose the easiest solution is to use it for a future Latam flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.