Wiki Posts
Search

Booking LATAM awards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Booking LATAM awards

Apologies if this was asked before....
I am unclear about the options of booking LATAM awards with other airlines' miles since it left OW.

I understand it should be bookable with DL, although availability at reasonable rates is pretty non-existent.
Some flights seem to be bookable via AsiaMiles and Qantas?
AS still shows LATAM as part of MileagePlan - is it still bookable?
What about BA?

Or is the best way to book Chase - Hyatt - LATAM, and how reliable is the LATAM availability search?

Thanks so much!
Old Nov 2, 2021, 2:50 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
You can redeem with most OW Airlines except American, that includes Qantas, British and Cathay. Alaska too https://latampass.latam.com/en_us/associated-airlines

However you may find some trouble finding availability, specially in less than 6 months of anticipation. The rates are according to the new bilateral agreement between LATAM and each airlines.

You may found lack of availability since you can only book if the T class is open. If you book with LATAM Airlines you can redeem miles as long as the cabin is not full, of course you are going to pay more if only higher booking classes for paid passengers are available.
Old Mar 25, 2022, 6:57 pm

Has anyone had any success booking LATAM awards with AS miles? I've had little luck finding availability between the East Coast and GRU/GIG on BA search engine. I can find flights on DL site but AS reps can't see them. Looks as if LATAM is no longer releasing to OW??
Old Mar 26, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
BA's search engine does not show LATAM availability, since they are not in OW. The seats, if available, are bookable on the phone (BA, as I've tried there, December 2021).
To search for availability I think you can try Delta's site, just pay attention on the operating airline.

In the last week LATAM stopped offering award seats to their own members (they just book whatever revenue seats are available at a fixed point to cash ratio), so not sure how this translates across OW.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by neuromancer
BA's search engine does not show LATAM availability, since they are not in OW. The seats, if available, are bookable on the phone (BA, as I've tried there, December 2021).
To search for availability I think you can try Delta's site, just pay attention on the operating airline.

In the last week LATAM stopped offering award seats to their own members (they just book whatever revenue seats are available at a fixed point to cash ratio), so not sure how this translates across OW.
Interesting re: LATAM actions from last week. Im actually trying to book via Alaska. Can see award flights on Delta but but Alaska reps can't see them. Something is up with LATAM.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Does LATAM charge YQ on partner awards? Specifically with BA? How easy is it get an award booked and can it be done online?
Old May 21, 2022, 8:27 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
No YQ on BA. Cannot be booked online, must call. You can (probably) check the availability online on Delta's site before calling to save searches on the phone. Also, you can probably transfer avios to Qatar Privilege club and book online, but more points are needed than on BAEC.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:38 pm

Anyone able to book LATAM peru domestic seats (economy) using Avios recently ?

I called last week and was told they can't. Is this a case of HUCA or the award booking option is now truly gone ?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:39 am
Original Poster

I am looking at JFK-GRU, and AS is at 45K o/w, which is awesome, but I don't have enough AS miles for the whole group.
Would prefer not to pay 95K DL or Qantas.
Any other options? With LATAM out of OW, I am not sure what the best way to book it is.
I've looked at CX and Qantas.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by stevento
I am looking at JFK-GRU, and AS is at 45K o/w, which is awesome, but I don't have enough AS miles for the whole group.
Would prefer not to pay 95K DL or Qantas.
Any other options? With LATAM out of OW, I am not sure what the best way to book it is.
I've looked at CX and Qantas.
Did you try making numbers with the new 50% bonus promo of AS selling miles?

Last edited by Sonny84; Dec 12, 2022 at 9:47 pm Reason: gramar mistake
Old Dec 13, 2022, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by neuromancer
No YQ on BA. Cannot be booked online, must call. You can (probably) check the availability online on Delta's site before calling to save searches on the phone. Also, you can probably transfer avios to Qatar Privilege club and book online, but more points are needed than on BAEC.

Is there YQ on any partner?
Old Dec 20, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Data Point: Been trying to book various LATAM J class tickets that show on AS website but then are unbookable talking with AS and partner desk or the second leg LIM-SCL etc are in coach or not available. There were some really weird ones like no EZE-JFK but if you booked EZE-PDX it would show available EZE-JFK-PDX.

Then I found a SCL-GRU-BOS all in business but the website would not let me book it and the AS agent and partner desk said it was not in their system and could not be booked.

Yesterday I was able to book LAX-LIM-SCL-EZE all in J for 45K and then SCL-GRU-BOS also all in J for 45K. Will see if I can add on EZE-SCL or BOS to SFO

But the HUCA version of trying to get AS website to push it through worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.