Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM international service during COVID times

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2020, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

As LATAM restarts international service this week, with flights to MAD, FRA and LHR already flying from GRU, plus the existing MIA flights from GRU and SCL, with LA702 and LA705 feeding this route, any tips or comments about service and logistics?

For example, I see that flights from LHR are now departing from T2 instead of T3.

How is the GRU/SCL lounge situation? How is service on board?

Have a SCL-GRU-MAD this week, and then a FRA-SCL in August, seems LATAM is hopeful about starting this new route.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
All LATAM lounges are currently closed, the lounges operated by partners may be open.

About SCL, the business counters are relocated next to the economy counters. As far as I know, all lounges are closed.

Wearing a mask is mandatory. Good luck!
Old Jul 11, 2020, 8:47 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
[QUOTE=dbasulto;32474838]As LATAM restarts international service this week, with flights to MAD, FRA and LHR already flying from GRU, plus the existing MIA flights from GRU and SCL, with LA702 and LA705 feeding this route, any tips or comments about service and logistics?

For example, I see that flights from LHR are now departing from T2 instead of T3.

LHR has consolidated terminals. T 3 & 4 are now closed. Flight are only operating out of T5 & T2.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:11 pm

Hi,
Does anybody know how to get current schedules for LATAM for next month? I have a couple of flights LAX<->SCL and they have canceled me so may times I lost track. Currently flights say OK on LATAM app, but if i try to search for the flights on say Kayak, no dice. AA is flying to Chile, so I don't know what's going on with LATAM.
Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platorre
Hi,
Does anybody know how to get current schedules for LATAM for next month? I have a couple of flights LAX<->SCL and they have canceled me so may times I lost track. Currently flights say OK on LATAM app, but if i try to search for the flights on say Kayak, no dice. AA is flying to Chile, so I don't know what's going on with LATAM.
Thanks!
Believe as of now only residents of Chile can enter Chile and no decision for foreign nationals has been made yet ( whether foreign nationals will require a negative test or a quarantine ).
Old Aug 16, 2020, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Believe as of now only residents of Chile can enter Chile and no decision for foreign nationals has been made yet ( whether foreign nationals will require a negative test or a quarantine ).
Thanks for the reply!
I'm actually a citizen so not a problem, but trying to figure out LATAMs schedules are, as they seem to be changing them all the time, and with no notice. Just curious to see if anybody has more info on their scheduling.
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: On the way to lowly LATAM Gold, AA, MiClub Lider
I recently decided to ask for a refund for my SCL-LAX late October flight after the non-stop was cancelled from my originally rescheduled flight from March. If I had decided to reschedule, the Lima stop options were available including LA 600 and 601.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 1:20 pm

Yeah, I've been booked ON LA 600, 601, 602,603 at different times, but they keep changing everything, and I can't get a straight answer out of them if they're going fly or not. They seem to playing games, hoping people don't cancel in mass. Getting really frustrated with them. It seems that the only reliable flight is to MIA, but getting to MIA (now that the AA alliance is dead) is a PITA.
Thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2020, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yeah, I've been booked ON LA 600, 601, 602,603 at different times, but they keep changing everything, and I can't get a straight answer out of them if they're going fly or not. They seem to playing games, hoping people don't cancel in mass. Getting really frustrated with them. It seems that the only reliable flight is to MIA, but getting to MIA (now that the AA alliance is dead) is a PITA.
Thanks!
I don't think the airlines are playing games as much as the countries aren't providing enough advance guidance regarding if/when travel will be permitted.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 6:43 pm

LATAM and AA seem to flying MIA<->SCL with no issues, so I don't think it's a country permission thing, but more LATAM waffling and trying to hedge their bets,which is very par for the course for them IMHO.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
LATAM and AA seem to flying MIA<->SCL with no issues, so I don't think it's a country permission thing, but more LATAM waffling and trying to hedge their bets,which is very par for the course for them IMHO.
I would not be surprised if almost everyone onboard is repatriating and the belly is full of cargo. Chile is not letting any foreigners in. Pretty much every country, save Brazil, that you could connect via SCL isn't permitting any non-repatriation traffic. Various countries have been very late to announce suspensions of expected opening dates.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
I’m wondering if anybody has information about when LATAM is expected to resume service between GRU and JNB. The latest update I saw (albeit not from LATAM directly) suggested the route would be suspended through at least the end of June 2021:

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...as-of-06sep20/

However, with today’s announcement that South Africa will eliminate its red list of travelers from countries that were supposed to be barred from entry, I wonder if that changes?

https://www.businessinsider.co.za/pr...o-know-2020-11

Am I the only one frustrated that LATAM has a list of operational routes, but doesn’t appear to publish a list of suspended routes and for how long the current period of suspension is expected to last?

https://s.latamstatic.com/content/da...206nov_eng.pdf
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:14 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I’m wondering if anybody has information about when LATAM is expected to resume service between GRU and JNB. The latest update I saw (albeit not from LATAM directly) suggested the route would be suspended through at least the end of June 2021:

However, with today’s announcement that South Africa will eliminate its red list of travelers from countries that were supposed to be barred from entry, I wonder if that changes?

Am I the only one frustrated that LATAM has a list of operational routes, but doesn’t appear to publish a list of suspended routes and for how long the current period of suspension is expected to last?

I don't have any info on this - but hope sincerely that JNB-GRU will return sooner rather than later. With SAA out of the picture, these LATAM flights would be a welcome alternative to the extended detours otherwise available...
Old Nov 16, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by checkerboard
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer

I don't have any info on this - but hope sincerely that JNB-GRU will return sooner rather than later. With SAA out of the picture, these LATAM flights would be a welcome alternative to the extended detours otherwise available...

I would refer you to the discussion in the following very long thread, staring with post #734 (on the last page). In short, South Africa is opening up to all visitors, with a requirement of a negative RT-PCR test result within 72 hours of departure and travel health insurance that covers COVID-19. I expect that most/all airlines that have normally flown to CPT/JNB/DUR to resume some operations by the end of the year..

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/afri...long-time.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.