Wiki Posts
Search

New Biz seats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by theboss7593
The XL aircrafts have 18 in J...
It's either 18J or 30J but in long haul routes some seats are blocked for crew rest
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by Semphyra
It's either 18J or 30J but in long haul routes some seats are blocked for crew rest
On the MAD route yes on the JFK route no. I always end up with the blocked seats when I fly and not by choice. No complaints though, no one bothers you in row 3.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: LH FTL, LATAM Platinum, KL Silver, UA Premier Silver
I had the chance to experience the new C cabin yesterday.

Good things first, it is definitely an upgrade from those dated interiors on their B767s to date.

However, I must say that the cabin looks and feels cramped. In a space, where you used to have 18 seats, there is now 20 of them. The same sensation applies to the seat itself, especially when in the upright position. In my opinion, there was way too much space dedicated to the granite-topped table on the side of your seat.

Given the “enhanced“ configuration, the IFE screen is now much closer and is much more responsive to touch than to the remote. Unfortunately, the system was not functional throughout more than half of the flight and had to be rebooted a couple of times.

LATAM promote that there is more storage space. I did not realise that. Apparently, there is a box with a red lid in the rear part of the seat, but I did not succeed in opening it.

Also, I had a hard time finding the plug for the headphones.

The table now comes with an easy push mechanism and has to be unfolded. I cannot describe it as other than looking cheap, made from black plastic. Once in use, it is actually sturdier than at first sight, but does not allow you to get out of your seat, if there is anything on it.

When put to the horizontal position, the seat is comfortable and offers enough width and foot space. Privacy has definitely increased and this is a welcome feature. I understand that they will offer seat covers on longer international flights and I am curious to see how these turn out and if LATAM actually intend to provide a proper turndown service.

When it comes to the soft elements of the product, I could not spot any new or modified service. Meal portions are for sure not getting more generous, but I still consider LATAM‘s service superior to AV or CM, at least when talking about their Chilean and Peruvian subsidiaries.

In summary, I am somewhat underwhelmed with the new cabin. Without a doubt, there are a couple of nice features, but overall I still prefer the airier atmosphere of the B787.

For me, 2-2-2 seating is not an issue, since, when travelling alone, I always try to pick one of the middle seats which grant direct aisle access and when in family, I don‘t mind my wife or kids climbing over me.

I will probably have another opportunity to try the refurbished B767 on an intercontinental trip in late June and am eager to see what my impressions will be then.

tropikey and Semphyra like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Are the seats themselves at least a bit wider than the prior ones? That was my issue much more than the 2-2-2 config.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 12:06 pm

Yes, wider than the previous ones on their B767s, but much narrower than the ones on LATAM‘s B787s.

Forgot to mention earlier that they strictly enforce the use of the car-like security belt in addition to the regular one around the waist.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA1K B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by SenSCL
I had the chance to experience the new C cabin yesterday.

Good things first, it is definitely an upgrade from those dated interiors on their B767s to date.

However, I must say that the cabin looks and feels cramped. In a space, where you used to have 18 seats, there is now 20 of them. The same sensation applies to the seat itself, especially when in the upright position. In my opinion, there was way too much space dedicated to the granite-topped table on the side of your seat.

Given the “enhanced“ configuration, the IFE screen is now much closer and is much more responsive to touch than to the remote. Unfortunately, the system was not functional throughout more than half of the flight and had to be rebooted a couple of times.

LATAM promote that there is more storage space. I did not realise that. Apparently, there is a box with a red lid in the rear part of the seat, but I did not succeed in opening it.

Also, I had a hard time finding the plug for the headphones.

The table now comes with an easy push mechanism and has to be unfolded. I cannot describe it as other than looking cheap, made from black plastic. Once in use, it is actually sturdier than at first sight, but does not allow you to get out of your seat, if there is anything on it.

When put to the horizontal position, the seat is comfortable and offers enough width and foot space. Privacy has definitely increased and this is a welcome feature. I understand that they will offer seat covers on longer international flights and I am curious to see how these turn out and if LATAM actually intend to provide a proper turndown service.

When it comes to the soft elements of the product, I could not spot any new or modified service. Meal portions are for sure not getting more generous, but I still consider LATAM‘s service superior to AV or CM, at least when talking about their Chilean and Peruvian subsidiaries.

In summary, I am somewhat underwhelmed with the new cabin. Without a doubt, there are a couple of nice features, but overall I still prefer the airier atmosphere of the B787.

For me, 2-2-2 seating is not an issue, since, when travelling alone, I always try to pick one of the middle seats which grant direct aisle access and when in family, I don‘t mind my wife or kids climbing over me.

I will probably have another opportunity to try the refurbished B767 on an intercontinental trip in late June and am eager to see what my impressions will be then.

What was the tail number/letter?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:41 am

What was the tail number/letter?
Sorry, I did not take note of this. In any case, it was flight LA 2365.

May be someone with a premium account with FlightAware or with access to other sources can help...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by SenSCL
Sorry, I did not take note of this. In any case, it was flight LA 2365.

May be someone with a premium account with FlightAware or with access to other sources can help...
That was good enough I was able to find it, thanks!

It was CC-CXC which is the same model that was showcased to the SA news outlets..
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:22 pm

The turn down service was offered to me on FRA-GRU. FA told me they do it since February.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Originally Posted by dbasulto
The turn down service was offered to me on FRA-GRU. FA told me they do it since February.
Interesting. I flew GRU-LIS-GRU and GRU-JNB-GRU in March, but there was no turn-down service. However, a few years ago, I had it on the A350 on GRU-MAD
Old May 5, 2019, 1:58 am

Updated J Cabin refresh list?

Other than the one aircraft mentioned, does anyone else have an idea or reports of what other aircrafts have the new refreshed J cabin?

Thanks
Old May 12, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: JAL Diamond, BAEC Gold, AS 75K, VS Gold, AC 50K, WoH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Other than the one aircraft mentioned, does anyone else have an idea or reports of what other aircrafts have the new refreshed J cabin?

Thanks

According to FR24 data, CC-CWY had been in AUH since Feb 28th, and was back in service on May 3rd. Seems like a reconfig to me. (Although I pulled future flight information and it shows the seat map with old config, I am not sure what to expect on this ship.) CC-CXF was then sent to AUH on May 4th and is (hopefully) currently in shop for reconfig.

Last edited by JALOO5-Flyer; May 12, 2019 at 9:41 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.