Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Adding British Airways number to LATAM booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

Where on earth can this be done within the booking?

My first time flying with LATAM, so I'm being a n00b.

Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks

Thanks
I called LATAM US toll free number using Skype.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
There is a specific field to choose when you purchase the ticket. Once purchased without it, you have contact the call center. And don't forget to check your boarding pass at the checkin!
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: LAN COMODORO

Thanks
At the moment you CAN NOT do it on your booking on the site. You cant even put a Latam Fidelidade number.

I dont know what happened, but some time ago when you where filling your name and pasaport, there was a list of all OW programs to choose from and then a empty space to put your FF number on. Now you have the same space but you can only select Latam Pass.... Is working like this from about 4 weeks that i can report at least
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Just as an update the call centre is now claiming they can't add it either. The only option is to add the number at the airport if the check in person can figure out how to do it.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Just as an update the call centre is now claiming they can't add it either. The only option is to add the number at the airport if the check in person can figure out how to do it.
people have HUACAd and managed to get an agent that will do it, a lot are refusing though (for “privacy reasons” I believe)

I made a booking a couple of weeks ago and the option to insert a non-LATAM FFP was still there (Addit: Australia POS but flight MAD-FRA)

Last edited by nancypants; Dec 30, 2019 at 8:54 pm
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
You can try adding your BAEC number through manage booking on the Royal Jordanian site RJ dot com. If you have no FF number in the booking already then it should work. However if you've booked it as a reward flight and you've got an IB+ or other FF number in there already then you either end up with both numbers in the booking, or the BAEC number won't stick. YMMV
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:43 am

I've just run into the same problem. I've got BA Gold status (One World Emerald). I've got an upcoming flight from Lima to Medellin, I went to manage my booking on the Latam website and discovered there was no way to add my BA Number, so I called Latam and was told there is no way whatsoever to add a One World FF number to a booking. He said I could add it at check-in, and if I wanted to book a certain seat I would need to either pay for the seat now, or hope that it is available at check-in...

I know Latam are leaving One World, but they're still a member now! Why are they treating other OW FF members so badly? Really disappointing service!
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by mr_moon
I know Latam are leaving One World, but they're still a member now! Why are they treating other OW FF members so badly? Really disappointing service!
It seems you came across an incompetent agent. Just call again (and again if needed). I do it all the time without any problems (I'm also BA Gold). Unfortunately you can't change / add FF number on LATAM website, you do have to call. Good luck !
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Carolinas
It seems you came across an incompetent agent. Just call again (and again if needed). I do it all the time without any problems (I'm also BA Gold). Unfortunately you can't change / add FF number on LATAM website, you do have to call. Good luck !
I've just called Latam 3 times.. Each time I've been told the same thing.. Due to a change of policy by the airline, they can no longer add FF numbers to a booking. They said my only option was to wait until check-in opens 48hrs from departure.

When did you last successfully call Latam and add a FF number?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by mr_moon
IWhen did you last successfully call Latam and add a FF number?
About a couple of weeks ago. I fly LATAM Chile if it makes any difference Perhaps Peru / Colombia have different rules ? I also still have LATAM Black status, but I credit miles to BA. Not sure if it helps either.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinas
About a couple of weeks ago. I fly LATAM Chile if it makes any difference Perhaps Peru / Colombia have different rules ? I also still have LATAM Black status, but I credit miles to BA. Not sure if it helps either.
I just called again one more time, same result. Seems to me Latam have changed their policy because they're leaving One World. I can't see how this is everything other than a deliberate move to offer a poorer customer experience for the members of other OW alliance airlines.

I'll avoid Latam in future.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:30 am

Posting to update on this..

Check-in opened for my flight on 1st February. Even after adding my BA Number on the Latam website it wanted to charge me to select a seat. I called Latam and they selected a seat for me in row 3. I arrived at Lima airport, went to the Check-in desk and was given a boarding pass without my BA number and with a seat change to row 29 (the very back of the plane). I asked why my seat had been changed and she didn't know. I pointed out my BA Gold/OW Emerald number was missing from the boarding pass and she said she could only add Latam numbers to a booking. I refused to accept that and said it cannot be true. After 10 minutes and 3 other members of staff they finally found a way to add my BA number but said my seat could not be changed.

I know Latam are leaving One World, but why introduce a policy which seems to want to actively discriminate against top tier OW FF?

Dreadful airline
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Managed to add my BA Gold number when checking online. Was on my boarding pass but still boarding group 5 while it should have been 1 (Emerald)?

Last edited by Sophoclefr; Feb 5, 2020 at 5:11 am
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Sophoclefr
Managed to add my BA Gold number when checking online. Was on my boarding pass but still boarding group while it should have been 1 (Emerald)?
Intra Brazil flights: When adding a FFP number during the ticket purchasing, it will show correct Group, 1 for OWE and 2 for OWS and usually there will be automatic seat assignment to rows 2-7(Latam+ seats) . When adding during online check-in it shows the lowest available. I got Group 5 or 6 when FFP number(OWE) was added during OLCI. At airport you can change the seats but the boarding group remains the same when OLCI has been done previously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.