LATAM Status Match 2017

Old Dec 15, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I've got some intra Brazil flights coming up on JJ. In order to get the status match I need to wait until I fly? I'm going to guess that I cannot put my AA number in the record as well?
In my case, all the JJ flights I'd flown and told them about were credited to AA, and status match was processed quite speedily. [It's normal, after all, that flights taken in the past were posted to your previous FF program]
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
https://www.latam.com/en_us/apps/personas/upg

AND OH MY GOD, THEY JUST MATCHED MY STATUS!!!!
Took them only two months...
Congrats!

Which Twitter account did you DM to get that done?
Also, were you matched to LATAM Fidelidade (TAM's program) or to LATAM Pass (LAN's program)?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by POAflyer
Which Twitter account did you DM to get that done?
Twitter was completely useless. They only kept apologizing for the delay and telling me that somebody would be replying very soon.
This went on for two months without any results!

The thing that did the trick was using their contact form on the Chilenian website (it seems like you can no longer email them directly):
https://www.latam.com/es_cl/centro-de-ayuda/contacto/

I used a combination of the translation module in Google Chrome and viewing the same contact form in English in Firefox to figure out what the different fields meant.
The automatic reply I got (support ticket creation) was in German (which I probably selected as my preferred language somewhere in my profile), though, so it might even be you can just use the contact form in your preferred language.

Anyway, this is what I wrote (credit to Status Match zu LATAM PASS (Oneworld) - Travel with Massi and Google Translate):

Estimados Sres de LATAM,

tengo planes de viajar futuramente várias veces desde <your country of origin, in my case I wrote Alemania/Europa>
hacia America del Sur y he tenido oportunidad de hacer experiencia
positiva con vuestro producto a bordo.

Para mantener mis beneficios habituales me gustaría pedir un
status-match con vuestro programa LATAM Pass.

Mi número de LATAM Pass es: <LATAM Pass FF number>

Os ruego de consultar los anexos para amable consideración:

. Foto de mi tarjeta FT actual (<name of program to be matched>, <FF number>)

. Screenshot cuenta FT y perfíl

. Tarjeta de embarque y ticket de vuelo LATAM de los ultimos 12 meses
<booking reference and routing of LATAM ticket within the last 12 months)

(Optional: )
Volveré a volar con LATAM pronto, haga referencia a <PNR of upcoming LATAM flight>.

Muchas gracias por su atención.

Mejores saludaciones

<your name>
You then attach:

- A photo of your other frequent-flyer program member card(s) - in my case BAEC Gold
- A screenshot of recent transactions in said FF program (guess they want to make sure you're actually a frequent flyer, i.e. e potentially valuable customer)
- Proof that you've flown LATAM in the last 12 months (I added an old booking confirmation) - it's not clear whether this is strictly enforced, but if you have flown them, I would definitely attach this

After sending this in Spanish, my status was matched within 3 days. Whereas before, nothing had happened for MONTHS.

Originally Posted by POAflyer
Also, were you matched to LATAM Fidelidade (TAM's program) or to LATAM Pass (LAN's program)?
I was matched to LATAM Pass.
To be honest, I find this all a bit confusing.
Because I signed up for Pontos Multiplus some time ago (without ever using it), and it seems like they have merged with LATAM Fidelidade? So weird.

Anyway, hope this helps!
LuoboTiX likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
I've got some intra Brazil flights coming up on JJ. In order to get the status match I need to wait until I fly? I'm going to guess that I cannot put my AA number in the record as well?
AFAIK in theory, you can enter two different FF programs into one booking.
One where you want your miles to be credited and one you'd like to use for status benefits like fast-track access.
The thing is that, in practice, this rarely seems to work.

Also, I've heard that you have to credit your flights to LATAM for the upgrades to work.
What I'd find very interesting however, is whether the online upgrade system still works if you only credit some flights from your booking.
I have a booking of 4 flights in full-flex economy which earn quite a lot of TP on BAEC.
However, only the last 2 of them are eligible for an upgrade, as they don't offer business class on the other two flights.
I'd like to know if I can credit at least the first two flights to BAEC, and then only choose LATAM for the other two?
Or would the option to upgrade then disappear from their website?
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
A Spanish check:

Estimados Sres de LATAM,

Tengo planes de viajar en el futuro varias veces desde <your country of origin, in my case I wrote Alemania/Europa> hacia America del Sur y he tenido en varias oportunidades experiencias positivas con vuestro producto a bordo.

Para mantener mis beneficios habituales con (insert airline, alliance status) me gustaría solicitarles el reconocimiento de mi estatus de viajero frecuenta (status-match) con vuestro programa LATAM Pass.

Mi número de LATAM Pass es: <LATAM Pass FF number>

Os ruego de consultar los documentos que anexo para su consideración:

Foto de mi tarjeta élite actual (<name of program to be matched>, <FF number>)

. Captura de pantalla de cuenta élite y perfil

. Tarjeta de embarque y ticket de vuelo LATAM de los últimos 12 meses
<booking reference and routing of LATAM ticket within the last 12 months)

(Optional: )
Volveré a volar con LATAM pronto, mi número de reserva para el vuelo es <PNR of upcoming LATAM flight>.

Muchas gracias por su atención.

Saludos cordiales,

<your name>
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:02 pm

Twitter was completely useless. They only kept apologizing for the delay and telling me that somebody would be replying very soon.

The thing that did the trick was using their contact form on the Chilenian website (it seems like you can no longer email them directly):
Thanks, this helps a lot.

Because I signed up for Pontos Multiplus some time ago (without ever using it), and it seems like they have merged with LATAM Fidelidade? So weird.
Multiplus is TAM's "spin-off" program that actually manages your points/miles, like someone mentioned upthread. However, that's only related to LATAM Fidelidade (JJ's program), at least for now. LATAM Pass is a completely different beast (previously known as LAN Pass) but they do have plans to integrate those two eventually. Now, they have a much higher priority which is to consolidate their reservation systems first, so I wouldn't expect that to happen anytime before mid-2018.
ChocolateFactory likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:07 am

I used a combination of the translation module in Google Chrome and viewing the same contact form in English in Firefox to figure out what the different fields meant.
The automatic reply I got (support ticket creation) was in German (which I probably selected as my preferred language somewhere in my profile), though, so it might even be you can just use the contact form in your preferred language.

Anyway, this is what I wrote (credit to Status Match zu LATAM PASS (Oneworld) - Travel with Massi and Google Translate):

You then attach:

- A photo of your other frequent-flyer program member card(s) - in my case BAEC Gold
- A screenshot of recent transactions in said FF program (guess they want to make sure you're actually a frequent flyer, i.e. e potentially valuable customer)
- Proof that you've flown LATAM in the last 12 months (I added an old booking confirmation) - it's not clear whether this is strictly enforced, but if you have flown them, I would definitely attach this

After sending this in Spanish, my status was matched within 3 days. Whereas before, nothing had happened for MONTHS.

Anyway, hope this helps!
In brief, the request must be dispatched to the Chile office (either by you or by god but no chance by CS of LATAM in other location) where people are actually working/have the authorizations, otherwise they just leave it alone. Long time ago "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" can help you reach someone there but they are no longer used.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
I sent to LATAM exactly from now a week ago an email requesting a status matching with United (1K). I argued that I did 3-4 trip between Europe and South America per year. Currently I am 1K in United's Mileage Plus and I am almost to get 1K for next year (I have a trip next week and I will reach 1K again). I already sent all the information of my statement for whole 2017, forecast of my status at the end of 2017, my card and two boarding pass of two trips in the last month with LATAM (LIM-JFK and GRU-LIM). The email was in Spanish.

I didn't get any reply yet (besides the automatic reply with case number). What do you suggest to do? wait or send some message by Facebook (I dont have twiter)?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per ChocolateFactory's instructions, I've submitted a status match request. Fortunately, I've flown LATAM a few times in the past year, and my UA 1K statement shows significant Latin American flying. That said, given that we're dealing with LATAM customer service, I'm not terribly optimistic I'll get a response (other than the computer-generated one I've already received). Fingers crossed; other than a half hour of my time tonight, I figure I've got nothing to lose. My AA status is expiring this month and I could really use some oneworld status.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:13 am

Please report back how it went!

We have our first upgradeable flight EZE-SCL tonight.
Availability jumps back and forth between J2 and J0.
My girl-friend's upgrade (companion voucher) already cleared (she was 1st on the upgrade list), mine (2nd) is still pending.

For our flight SCL-LIM, we're only 3rd and 4th in line. Checkin opened at 09:05, we checked in at 09:12 - somebody else with Black status checked in at 09:06 and 09:07.
Luckily, that flight still shows J7...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Please report back how it went!

We have our first upgradeable flight EZE-SCL tonight.
Availability jumps back and forth between J2 and J0.
My girl-friend's upgrade (companion voucher) already cleared (she was 1st on the upgrade list), mine (2nd) is still pending.

For our flight SCL-LIM, we're only 3rd and 4th in line. Checkin opened at 09:05, we checked in at 09:12 - somebody else with Black status checked in at 09:06 and 09:07.
Luckily, that flight still shows J7...
Thanks. If a "miracle" happens and I get matched, I'll look more closely into the LATAM upgrade rules. Honestly, I wouldn't value an occasional short haul upgrade within South America that highly (I assume the flights between North and South America are not upgradable on discount fares). I really just need easy lounge access and priority boarding and check-in. With their basic economy and restricted seat assignment access, AA is a PITA to fly in the USA without status, so I need to get status somewhere for them. And Priority Pass still has holes. Like I'm flying through Narita in coach and I see there's no airside lounge that works with JAL. Compared to some flyertalkers, my needs are relatively modest.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:13 am

SCL-LIM is a 4 hour flight.
As far as I know (though I have to admit I haven't done a lot of research), you can get free upgrades even on longhaul flights.
So I'll definitely book some refundable longhaul flights in coach if they have a lot of J availability.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, to my amazement, I got a response from LATAM in less than 24 hours! Unfortunately, it's not the response I wanted. The agent seems a little confused, but it's a definite "no." Here's the Google Translate version:
Dear [Iahphx],

Along with saying hello, we would like to inform you that unfortunately, it is not possible to access your request, because in the Terms and conditions, accepted by you at the time of registration, it is indicated that you can only credit flights made up to 02 months before registration, you must also meet the goals, indicated on our website, to be able to go up in the LATAMPass category.

Without further ado, I say goodbye to you.

OK, what can I try next? Should I send a new request with the same attachments and hope for another agent?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
Well, to my amazement, I got a response from LATAM in less than 24 hours! Unfortunately, it's not the response I wanted. The agent seems a little confused, but it's a definite "no." Here's the Google Translate version:
Dear [Iahphx],

Along with saying hello, we would like to inform you that unfortunately, it is not possible to access your request, because in the Terms and conditions, accepted by you at the time of registration, it is indicated that you can only credit flights made up to 02 months before registration, you must also meet the goals, indicated on our website, to be able to go up in the LATAMPass category.

Without further ado, I say goodbye to you.

OK, what can I try next? Should I send a new request with the same attachments and hope for another agent?
Some agents there don't know a thing about their unpublished status match promotion. Just keep submitting new requests and finally you will reach someone who's a bit more professional
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LuoboTiX
Some agents there don't know a thing about their unpublished status match promotion. Just keep submitting new requests and finally you will reach someone who's a bit more professional
Yup, that's sure what it sounds like. I'll wait until Monday (more experienced staff on weekdays, perhaps?). and try it again. I love LATAM customer service. Or not. But at least they're PREDICTABLY incompetent.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.