FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1705360-santiago-lan-lounge-access-easter-island-flight.html)

Scifi_Sara Aug 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Santiago LAN Lounge Access - Easter Island Flight

Hello,

On Friday evening I am flying from Toronto to Santiago in Business Class.

I have a six-hour layover in Santiago before proceeding on a flight to Easter Island.

My flight to Easter Island is in Premium Business Class and it flies out of the Domestic Terminal.

Any I able to access any of the airport lounges during my six-hour layovers?

I'm a long-time lurker and first time poster and would appreciate any guidance!
This is also my first time flying in a class higher than economy! :cool:

Guava Aug 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Scifi_Sara (Post 25327077)
Hello,

On Friday evening I am flying from Toronto to Santiago in Business Class.

I have a six-hour layover in Santiago before proceeding on a flight to Easter Island.

My flight to Easter Island is in Premium Business Class and it flies out of the Domestic Terminal.

Any I able to access any of the airport lounges during my six-hour layovers?

I'm a long-time lurker and first time poster and would appreciate any guidance!
This is also my first time flying in a class higher than economy! :cool:

No you can't. LAN does not have domestic lounge. Since Easter Island is considered a domestic flight, there is no LAN lounge for you. However, some people reported there is a lounge service that you can buy if you have Priority Pass but the reviews for that one is lousy at best.

Eastbay1K Aug 25, 2015 5:38 pm

There is a Pacific Club on the National flights side. Priority Pass (or a few Chile credit cards) or pay per use.

PABLOCO Aug 26, 2015 7:57 am

As they toll you before the Lounge in National Flys is private. You can use the priority pass or paying about 16.000 CLP (about 22 dolars at todays exchange rate).

This lounge is no way near the Internatonal Lounge at SCL, it feel more like a coffee shop. But the wifi is OK and you will find some food and drinks.

There is also a nice Starbucks near the main gate levels, down the stairs after you pass by security. It is also a good option to stay there, i cant renember if they have free wifi but seat and food will be best than in the lounge.... also cheaper if you dont eat a lot.

I have a fly on friday at 7.10 am National SCL time. I will post a video on the Lounge so you and anyone else can check.

DarrenChannel Aug 26, 2015 10:32 am

Originally Posted by PABLOCO (Post 25330066)
As they toll you before the Lounge in National Flys is private. You can use the priority pass or paying about 16.000 CLP (about 22 dolars at todays exchange rate).

This lounge is no way near the Internatonal Lounge at SCL, it feel more like a coffee shop. But the wifi is OK and you will find some food and drinks.

There is also a nice Starbucks near the main gate levels, down the stairs after you pass by security. It is also a good option to stay there, i cant renember if they have free wifi but seat and food will be best than in the lounge.... also cheaper if you dont eat a lot.

I have a fly on friday at 7.10 am National SCL time. I will post a video on the Lounge so you and anyone else can check.

The Starbucks does have Wi-Fi. It requires a password, but it's the same one they use at all Starbucks in Santiago. Quite frankly, I'm happy just paying for a coffee and muffin at Starbucks, and then grabbing a table by the windows to sit and watch the planes while using their Wi-Fi.

Scifi_Sara Aug 27, 2015 11:04 am

Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it!

fleuve Dec 7, 2016 9:33 am

Is this still true that no lounge access for OW cardholder?

The website promoting flights to IPC says:"LATAM flights to Easter Island offer inflight entertainment, complimentary food and drink, and access to airport VIP lounges to make your next flight to Easter Island more enjoyable."
from
http://www.lan.com/en_us/sitio_perso...easter-island/

Also on the booking site, it says," Preséntate en el aeropuerto al menos 2 horas antes de la salida de tu vuelo a Isla de Pascua, porque ese viaje es considerado internacional."

Can anyone please tell me whether the flight is departing as an international flight with lounge access possibility or simply just a domestic flight with the somewhat crappy Pacific Club lounge?

Carolinas Dec 7, 2016 10:19 am

Originally Posted by fleuve (Post 27577772)
Can anyone please tell me whether the flight is departing as an international flight with lounge access possibility or simply just a domestic flight with the somewhat crappy Pacific Club lounge?

Flight to IPC is 100% domestic and it departures from domestic terminal only. Therefore there is no access to LATAM lounge. As as result you are stuck with crappy Pacific Club lounge indeed.

IanWorthington Dec 7, 2016 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Carolinas (Post 27578008)
Flight to IPC is 100% domestic and it departures from domestic terminal only. Therefore there is no access to LATAM lounge. As as result you are stuck with crappy Pacific Club lounge indeed.

Not only is it considered crappy but you have to pay to enter (unless you have one of the c/cs.)

Carolinas Dec 7, 2016 10:57 am

Originally Posted by IanWorthington (Post 27578078)
Not only is it considered crappy but you have to pay to enter (unless you have one of the c/cs.)

very true indeed :D

fleuve Dec 9, 2016 2:14 am

Thank you for all your kind advice!
And also, I heard that for Chilean domestic flights, OW Sapphire card holders do not really enjoy many privileges, such as priority check-in. Is that true as well?

Carolinas Dec 9, 2016 6:04 am

Originally Posted by fleuve (Post 27586208)
And also, I heard that for Chilean domestic flights, OW Sapphire card holders do not really enjoy many privileges, such as priority check-in. Is that true as well?

OW Sapphire don't have access to priority check-in indeed, however they are entitled to preferential boarding (which is quite useful). Just watch the line for PREFERENTE passengers.

PABLOCO Dec 9, 2016 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by fleuve (Post 27586208)

Just for Emerald (well i guess since there are lines for Comodoro) on all domestic airports

OskiBear Jul 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Carolinas (Post 27578008)

And yet, ironically, on my reservation, it says:

Preséntate en el aeropuerto al menos 2 horas antes de la salida de tu vuelo a Isla de Pascua, porque ese viaje es considerado internacional

So, we get the negatives of international, but none of the positives :mad:

dkc192 Jul 14, 2017 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Carolinas (Post 27586648)
OW Sapphire don't have access to priority check-in indeed, however they are entitled to preferential boarding (which is quite useful). Just watch the line for PREFERENTE passengers.

Different countries, but FWIW I got priority check-in as a Sapphire at AEP when flying to IGR last fall.