SCL-IPC award seats?

Old Nov 10, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: Multiple
I am also trying to book SCL -> IPC and IPC -> PPT. Called AA but no availability for next April.
Old Jan 3, 2016, 6:01 am

Booked return SCL-IPC T for 38k km+US$20 tax on Oct.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 2:03 pm

Programs: Black Signature LATAM
Just booked 4x PAX SCL-IPC RTN for 40k LANPASS KMS + CLP14.000 tax each for 27 Jan 2016.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by NorthValley
Just booked 4x PAX SCL-IPC RTN for 40k LANPASS KMS + CLP14.000 tax each for 27 Jan 2016.

Keep in mind that the regular price is 50K R/T in Y, but Comodoro/Black Comodoro get a 20% discount, that's why your cost was 40K
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:33 pm

Is it possible to book SCL-IPC-PPT using Avios? It seems the reports are from redeeming KMS.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:09 pm

bump:

checked using ba avios 330'ish days out couldnt find anything then proceeded for the remainder of the month and still nothing.

then i checked for the remainder year (was just curious) and still nothing.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Did you search via LAN's award site? Did you call BA to do a search as suggested in previous posts?

Originally Posted by Dai.Lo
bump:

checked using ba avios 330'ish days out couldnt find anything then proceeded for the remainder of the month and still nothing.

then i checked for the remainder year (was just curious) and still nothing.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Did you search via LAN's award site? Did you call BA to do a search as suggested in previous posts?
i didnt check LAN.

but i feel like calling BA would have been useless unless it was available online. how would the call agent look? also day by day?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Generally an agent would ask for a specific day or a few dates to search on. A good helpful agent, if nothing is found, will do some random searches throughout to see if any comes up.
But first search via the LAN site and if you see low level availability reach out to BA.

i didnt check LAN.

but i feel like calling BA would have been useless unless it was available online. how would the call agent look? also day by day?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
Generally an agent would ask for a specific day or a few dates to search on. A good helpful agent, if nothing is found, will do some random searches throughout to see if any comes up.
But first search via the LAN site and if you see low level availability reach out to BA.
ahh ok cool so LAN is the key then
Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:42 pm

ahh ok cool so LAN is the key then
Please report your results. I don't believe I've read about a single person able to score this particular award with avios in the last couple years.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 1:17 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by maal99
Please report your results. I don't believe I've read about a single person able to score this particular award with avios in the last couple years.
This is just an idea..may not work, why not create an account on Latam as FF. Then try to find a date that you may change your "Latam KMs" to IPC for 50K or less (that is the base for that award). When you find it, try to use that same date for your Avios 😉

Other tip, try to fly from both ways on a thursday, for all of my kms runs i have always find better deals that day, even with a same day fly.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by PABLOCO
This is just an idea..may not work, why not create an account on Latam as FF. Then try to find a date that you may change your "Latam KMs" to IPC for 50K or less (that is the base for that award). When you find it, try to use that same date for your Avios 😉

Other tip, try to fly from both ways on a thursday, for all of my kms runs i have always find better deals that day, even with a same day fly.
I've found dates on LATAM. I'm just wondering if anyone has success with calling in to BA after seeing the low-level award. I've never seen them on BA.com. I'll call in myself once I decide when I'm going to South America. Some other data points might be useful, though. Thanks for the Thursday suggestion.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 6:08 pm

/////
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:37 pm

I thought I would share some tips on booking SCL-IPC-PPT using miles.

First, or SCL-IPC, it really makes zero sense to use miles on this segment (90K AA miles roundtrip). A roundtrip in business class is available or roughly $525 if booking through the LAN Chile web site (https://www.latam.com/es_cl/). Just be sure to read carefully and translate anything you don't understand. Used a US credit card with US billing address - no problem.

For IPC-PPT, just keep checking on BA.com. 7 seats opened up on a Sunday morning (roundtrip) and disappeared before I could book it on Tuesday. I kept checking, and the next Sunday seats opened back up. Booked four award tickets for a total of 120,000 AA miles.

So, in all, 60K roundtrip award from US to SCL + 550 roundtrip SCL-IPT + 30K roundtrip award to PPT is not a bad deal. Compare 30K +15K +40K +250 if you would rather return to the states on Air Tahiti Nui.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.