FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   Comodoro Black (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1433876-comodoro-black.html)

BonzoLed Jan 31, 2013 3:34 pm

Comodoro Black

http://www.lan.com/es_cl/sitio_perso...ios/index.html

¿¿??:eek:

andreadbc Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm

:eek: !!!

bingocallerb22 Jan 31, 2013 4:41 pm

Yes, they sent out an email as well... same black as my credit card wannabe? :)

But other than the colour of the card what is the difference (except qualifying criteria) from Comodoro?

JohnnyColombia Jan 31, 2013 4:54 pm

And why not?

So far as I can tell no effect on Comodoro qualification or benefits

Great news for FTers that live in my Colombian broom cupboard

phlashba Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Even with the steep qualification requirements you still don't get guaranteed upgrades --- FAIL!:td:

phlashba Jan 31, 2013 5:01 pm

Do we think these changes are to welcome the high rollers from TAM -- in other words as a sign that LAN and TAM will both be OW?

f0zzyNUE Jan 31, 2013 5:18 pm

I don't get the difference in benefits between commodoro and commodoro black other than the ridiculously high qualification criteria ...:eek:

phlashba Jan 31, 2013 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE (Post 20162664)
I don't get the difference in benefits between commodoro and commodoro black other than the ridiculously high qualification criteria ...:eek:

You also get AA-style "concierge key"-like services at the airport which is a big deal IMO. But I suspect this may be available only in SCL and possibly GRU in which case I don't care.

bingocallerb22 Jan 31, 2013 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba (Post 20162599)
Do we think these changes are to welcome the high rollers from TAM -- in other words as a sign that LAN and TAM will both be OW?

Interesting, but they would have to merge the programs, right now separate. But I did just check - TAM has a black card category!

and the email did say: Estamos renovando nuestro programa en línea con las tendencias de la industria.

and with great humour one of the benefits is: •A Comodoro tag so your baggage is treated as priority baggage on international flights. hehe

bingocallerb22 Jan 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia (Post 20162558)
And why not?

Great news for FTers that live in my Colombian broom cupboard

:) Actually 180,000 kms. with 16 medium or long-haul legs with LAN or TAM in Biz just might be doable if my attempt to roll over flights is successful. :cool:

phlashba Jan 31, 2013 5:41 pm

Guess I'll have to settle for plain ole Ghetto Comodoro! :D

But I have to add that I am greatly relieved that the wording has been changed to specifically count TAM flights as qualifying kms and J class segments. That was missing from the old wording and had me worried about some tickets I had already purchased from TAM; now there is no doubt.

BonzoLed Jan 31, 2013 5:45 pm

"Special Services" is the only difference as I see. The weird thing is that last week, flying J in LA502, one of the FAs when delivering the usual Comodoro welcome, asked me if I flew too much. When I asked why, she told me that in the manifest I was marked as a "Special Services" passenger. That's strange, because if they were secretly testing the Comodoro Black benefits, I did not reach the criteria for last year (did 167.000 qualifying kms.)

bingocallerb22 Jan 31, 2013 6:15 pm

Do see one difference now. Qualifying Biz segments for Comodoro are on LAN but for Black Comodoro both LAN and TAM qualify...
(but maybe TAM segments count for normal Comodoro and site is not updated?).

oops just read plashba's post above - so TAM biz segments count for ghetto Comodoro too?

phlashba Jan 31, 2013 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by bingocallerb22 (Post 20162939)
Do see one difference now. Qualifying Biz segments for Comodoro are on LAN but for Black Comodoro both LAN and TAM qualify...
(but maybe TAM segments count for normal Comodoro and site is not updated?).

oops just read plashba's post above - so TAM biz segments count for ghetto Comodoro too?

It seems to differ by country Bingo. Maybe they are not finished updating all the pages.

bingocallerb22 Jan 31, 2013 6:57 pm

The email seems to say more, suggesting better preferential attention for Premium and above, especially the c24 service which was previously limited to flight changes can now be anything; flights on LAN stock but operated by TAM count for status kms; get the 100% for TAM flights; and already announced use of lounges.

Nuevos beneficios Comodoro Black, Comodoro y Premium Silver

Además de esta gran noticia, tenemos el agrado de comunicarles que, a partir de Enero 2013, hemos sumado nuevos beneficios al programa que mejorarán tu experiencia con LAN y LANPASS:

Nuevo servicio de Atención Preferente en Contact Center. Este servicio estará disponible las 24 horas del día, de lunes a domingo, con ejecutivos integrales, altamente capacitados, que te ayudarán a resolver cualquier requerimiento relacionado con LAN o LANPASS.
Los kms. acumulados en vuelos con código LAN, vendidos por LAN y operados por TAM, también servirán para alcanzar categorías superiores.
El actual bono por categoría de 100% de acumulación adicional, también será otorgado en vuelos TAM.
Además te recordamos que desde junio del 2012, puedes disfrutar de los siguientes beneficios al volar en TAM: Acceso a los salones VIP propios de TAM en Brasil, Chequeo preferente en aeropuertos, embarque preferente, prioridad de equipaje, y una amplia red de acumulación y canje con tus KMS. LANPASS.

And BAD (oops, good news) for Johny and his closet dwellers, used to be 100% for Colombia Base fares soon to be 25% !!! But they seem to have added a bonus... a bit confusing this change

Adicionalmente te queremos contar que a partir del 18 de febrero de 2013, los segmentos volados dentro de Colombia en familia tarifaria Base, acumularán el 25% de la distancia real volada. Adicionalmente, hasta el 31 de agosto de 2013, los segmentos volados en familia tarifaria Base Plus, Flexible y Full Flexible, contarán con bonos adicionales de 25%, 75% y 100% de la distancia real volada. Para todos los efectos, la distancia mínima volada es de 800 kms. Más detalle de los cambios en la acumulación de KMS. LANPASS aquí.