Wiki Posts
Search

Lima lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: AAadvantage EXP, UA MilagePlus
Originally Posted by SenSCL
Nio changes as far as I can tell.

I was having a longish stopover in LIM three weeks ago and one can say that the situation has even aggravated, since SUMAQ is the only lounge in the entire airport while the VIP club is being refurbished (or transformed into a LATAM lounge? - One can always dream...).

Hence, there are long queues in front of SUMAQ at peak times, when the lounge seems to get packed to the limit. I used it with my Priority Pass during the very calm afternoon hours when there is hardly any departures and few passengers, but even then the visit is capped at three or four hours (do not recall) and I was actually called out by name by the LD, once my period came to an end.

Sorry to quote an old prejudice, but I am always amused to see that Latin people often have a quite flexible approach to timings, but when it comes to supervising usage times like in this case, they will always be extremely observing and efficient.

However, given the length of my transit, I was given a total of three vouchers (!!!) at the transit desk, without asking just as a kind gesture. You have a hard time burning these though, since until the new outlets will open, there is basically only one restaurant and one tiny bar (opposite to each other at the end of the international pier) which accept these.

Fingers crossed that LATAM will somehow get their act together at LIM in the near future.
Thanks for the update... I was trying to maximize TP into my BAEC so was looking to do BCN-LIM-GRU-(MVD or PDP) given that the first three segments will book in J and last leg in PE (as no J is available). For this will have a 10 hour layover in Lima so I think I am going back to the drawing board. I assume this is the same SUMA lounge that I used a long time ago (5-6 yrs time) which at that point was nice LOL... With this news I think I am going back to the drawing board.

Thanks again for the update
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Can someone elaborate where the $20 voucher can be used?
It'd be nice if I could use it at Tanta (landside)
Old Dec 25, 2017, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by carlosdca
Can someone elaborate where the $20 voucher can be used?
It'd be nice if I could use it at Tanta (landside)
I recall there were 3 places (airside, int'l only) where it can be used - one is a stand-up type bar, the other is the resto right across from it, and there was a third. It is printed on the voucher. The value is enough to buy approximately one drink at that bar.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I recall there were 3 places (airside, int'l only) where it can be used - one is a stand-up type bar, the other is the resto right across from it, and there was a third. It is printed on the voucher. The value is enough to buy approximately one drink at that bar.
Ahh. So definitely not good for Tanta.
Currently, security and passport control when leaving Peru seems to be very efficient (both at midday and late night flights), so I spend my time landside until right before boarding time.
I really like Tanta. It is not cheap but it beats anything airside, which is usually overpriced garbage.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 9:21 pm

Still no lounge!!

No change on Lounge position at LIM. $20 voucher (had to ask) and wifi didn't work. Really poor for a major Latin America OW hub
Old Feb 5, 2018, 10:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
My voucher in early January didn't work either.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
The lounge is being constructed, it will be open around 2024 when the new terminal is operational.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: LAN COMODORO
Originally Posted by MfromL
The lounge is being constructed, it will be open around 2024 when the new terminal is operational.
And they will give vouchers until 2024? They wanna build a new terminal but are thiet going to build a second runway?
Old Feb 6, 2018, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suppose that this means there won't be a LATAM lounge for my connection next month.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:22 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Pablo, East... I'm kidding. Sorry, I couldn't let the opportunity pass.

Pablo: Te runway will be done before the terminal, in theory, according to plans it should be done by 2021, operational by 2021-2022.

East: I've heard a rumor that there might be a new lounge in one of the restaurants they were overhauling. Honestly it is just that, a rumor. But, you can always try to get out of security and eat something nice at the Tanta, and enter back later. Being such a small airport, the transition is hardly felt.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

East: I've heard a rumor that there might be a new lounge in one of the restaurants they were overhauling. Honestly it is just that, a rumor. But, you can always try to get out of security and eat something nice at the Tanta, and enter back later. Being such a small airport, the transition is hardly felt.
Um, not if there's not an international departure fee included in the ticket. If on an int'l-int'l connection, it will cause an issue. Besides, I'll be able to enjoy one of the two superb and outstanding lounges with my Priority Pass, space-permitting ... you know, the awful lounges that we all complain about, until we don't have access!
zpaul likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Used the Sumaq lounge last night - was able to bring one with me from my American status - would have been another $160 to bring the other two members of my family along. So glad I didn't - no room, little food, bad wifi. Better off waiting at La National.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Apologies if this has already been covered; it's a long thread. Arriving on AA international and connecting to LA domestic after a long and late layover, will I be funnelled straight through immigration, or is there any chance of sneaking into the airside lounge before exiting the international area?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
I don't think you can access the international departures area without an international boarding pass. There is Priority Pass lounge in the domestic departures area, but I've never been in there.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackBerryAddict
I don't think you can access the international departures area without an international boarding pass. There is Priority Pass lounge in the domestic departures area, but I've never been in there.
While the agents at the start of the int'l transit security lines will ask where you're coming from and where you're going (and if it isn't international, they'll send you the other way), they've never asked me for a BP. Notwithstanding this, the lounge isn't going to let you in without an int'l BP, and then you'll somehow have to go back downstairs and make some excuse why you need to go the wrong way through the checkpoint and go to immigration. "Oh, I didn't mean to lie to the agent at the transit security line entrance."

Also, if you have checked luggage, you'll have to claim it in LIM as your first port of entry. I certainly wouldn't want it twirling around the carousel until they finally remove it and you have to hunt it down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.