Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LAN Lanpass Comodoro FT members - Do you have comodoro status?

Old Mar 14, 2009, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.

Wonder how many Comodoros are in here and, eventually, we can get some kind of preferred "bulk" attention from LAN.

Please reply to this thread if you have Comodoro status.

I do.

Partial list. I'll edit it to add your username. I will also add some FT posters that said their are Comodoro in their profile or in a post. I hope this doesn't bother you guys.

Known:
CVCONDE (MIA)
zabes64 (WAS)
abrelosohos (CCS)
phlashba (NYC)
Valdivia (ZAL)
From this thread:
leandrorar (EZE)
atakam (NRT)
brahms77 (Korea)

Last edited by leandrorar; Mar 14, 2009 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 14, 2009, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, LATAM Comodoro, SPG PLT, WOH Globalist, *G, OW Emerald
Make it two
Old Mar 14, 2009, 8:32 pm

Make it three! And probably the only one in Korea.

No special treatment... on my five business class segments last month. I wish their upgrade certificate were 'usable.'

atakam, when you use your kms on LAN award, where do you call?
Old Mar 14, 2009, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by brahms77
Make it three! And probably the only one in Korea.

No special treatment... on my five business class segments last month. I wish their upgrade certificate were 'usable.'

atakam, when you use your kms on LAN award, where do you call?
So far I have used lan.com and called the US number. Japan has no support for LanPass.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 6:36 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Yes...still Comodoro!
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/214)

Bump
Old Mar 31, 2009, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K (2MM)
Still comodoro, but I highly doubt I will waste my time keeping it. They really do nothing special for their members other than 100% bonus from what I'm seeing so far.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Joint Letter

OK, we are 8. Would you like to send a joint letter? What would you send?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:08 am

Well, I have few concerns which I'd like LANPASS folks to address (though I would think that such would be rather difficult anyway since they don't reply to emails very well).

1) special email/contact service for LANPASS Comodoro (where you are guaranteed 24/48H response (with weekend period as an exception)

2) rapid credit of mileage/km - one of my LA coded IB flight (business class) posted to my account more than 2 months after I took the flight... most of OW partner flights will take at least one week to show up. I think LAN should look into updating their system to make this better

3) Make Comodoro membership more worth-while than just a small difference from Premier Silver status.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 5:13 am

Good idea. I think it is important to share with LAN what are the best benefits of other programs in order to improve Comodoro. I agree with brahms77 to "Make Comodoro membership more worth-while than just a small difference from Premier Silver status".
For instance I would like LAN to treat Comodoro status like UA 1K/GS such as:
1) Reservations: currently I don't see any difference with general member
2) Check in: the only benefit is the C class counter (flying on LAN), but the ground staff actually don't care too much if you are Comodoro or not (maybe only with baggage excess weight).
3) On board: the FAs don't use an elite list to take orders. They serve from row 1 to the back. If you are on row 5 (767), being Comodoro you will for sure have no meal choice. Also on UA it feels good when the CP recognizes your status and introduces her/him before departure.
4) Website: enable Comodoro elites to upgrade online (like UA), even eliminating the unlimited upgrades to 6 or 8 per year like. I think is better than getting to the airport unupgraded and ask for something you are entitled but sometimes the check in agent doesn't know (specially airports outside Chile).
Block seat besides a Comodoro elite and assign it only if full flight.

Let's try make a list adding some AA or other major airlines benefits that are interesting to keep their elites. This could be interesting for LAN, since they require at least 4 flights with LA to qualify. If many elites switch to LANPASS then they will get high revenue customers for sure.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:20 am

3) On board: the FAs don't use an elite list to take orders. They serve from row 1 to the back. If you are on row 5 (767), being Comodoro you will for sure have no meal choice. Also on UA it feels good when the CP
recognizes your status and introduces her/him before departure.
Not that I am picky or anything, but on my flight back from IPC (to SCL), I was seated on the last row of business class and the meal service started from 1A in order... and the steak option was gone when the FA reached me. I wanted a steak and a person just before me also wanted a steak. Well... the steak option was gone for that pax (the person before me), but she continued to argue with the FA saying that she can't have anything else. The FA then went back and got her the steak. There was no way that this old caucasian lady was a Comodoro. I also insisted for steak, but the FA simply said "no" and just gave me what they had left!!! without asking me (well afterall, when all food options are gone for the full flight, there is no point of asking) - I had at least hoped for an apology from this FA... but nada. I was rather shocked, actually... but since I was too tired, I didn't feel like arguing and there was no point of being obnoxious after a nice trip to IPC. So, meal ordering really needs to improve @ LAN... and elite members should be recognized for their loyalty!

I was happy that LAN matched Comodoro status for my 1K status + evidence of future flights with LAN and I happily provided them with six business class one-way (albeit it was part of a DONE4) flights. If Comodor membership can be improved from what it is now, I'd be more than happy to provide LAN with more business! But for now, I am happy to have already requalified (under short-cut rule on a single DONE4 ticket!) but I will dump my future OW miles to other OW FF program for rest of 2009 and 2010 (just use my LAN OW status for the lounge benefits etc.).

Few ways to make Comodoro status more meaningful:

1) Status recognition at the airport and in-flight - probably difficult to do since the mentality of the workers in most of the LAN airports (except in NZ/SYD - they were fantastic!)

2) Get rid of unlimited upgrades and provide Comodoros with six to eight system wide upgrades (similar to UA/AA rules on routing) that can be applied to any revenue fares (so no minimum $$$ value needed for upgrade) - make it transferable ( so that we can trade them on FT! jk).

3) Service fee exemption on award tickets and other ticketing services.

Most of these are rather standard perks of competing airlines' top tier program.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 1:33 pm

Where can I find LAN award availability? I tried the search button.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

I'll sumarize... on another thread specifically for this.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plat, ICH Plat RA, Hyatt Diamond, LAN Prem Silver
I know I shouldn't be barging in as a lowly premium silver but
surely the minumum upgradeable fare is the most pressing issue.
This affects me as much as a comodoro. I would be more than
happy to have my name added to any joint letter although I realize
my name would appear in lower case behind all the comodoros.

I was all set to qualify as a comodoro last year when they brought
in this new policy. I decided to switch to American & qualify as an
Executive Platinum.
Old Apr 7, 2009, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I was Comodoro until last year, when I decided that LANs program was getting too devalued to try to retain the status.

I fly alot from MIA and JFK, and the JFK direct to LIM is nice. But with AA retiring the old A300s from MIA and putting the new 787s (just kidding ), 767s with NGBC on one flight and a 757 (with hopefully eventually NGBC also), it will make LAN less attractive, especially for upgrades.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.