Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Level of incompetence at LATAM is eye-opening

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum

So I was trying to buy a simple CGH-SDU roundtrip on LATAM, it's simply impossible to get the payment done.

(1) Tried for a few hours on LATAM website, several cards, both debit and credit, all led to an error message.
(2) Called the call center, they obviously want 25 USD to issue the ticket over the phone but at that point I just couldn't care less - gave them my credit card info - was told that system is down, I need to call back
(3) Called back the next day - did the same process again, again some BS that I need to call my bank as there's an error message

So obviously, it's just impossible to even buy a ticket with LATAM nowadays....
Old Nov 26, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by newflyer530
So I was trying to buy a simple CGH-SDU roundtrip on LATAM, it's simply impossible to get the payment done.

(1) Tried for a few hours on LATAM website, several cards, both debit and credit, all led to an error message.
(2) Called the call center, they obviously want 25 USD to issue the ticket over the phone but at that point I just couldn't care less - gave them my credit card info - was told that system is down, I need to call back
(3) Called back the next day - did the same process again, again some BS that I need to call my bank as there's an error message

So obviously, it's just impossible to even buy a ticket with LATAM nowadays....
Call them and tell that that you need to make payment for a booking made online. They can search with your email address. You need to do this the same day that you made the online booking attempt.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Or book with an OTA. You may even get a discount...
Old Nov 28, 2020, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, Marriott Rewards
I had a terrible times with them. Got the run around for weeks so I finally called my credit card company and gave them the details to dispute the charge.

It's been 67 days since my credit card company contact LATAM regarding a charge back.
No response. So credit card company provided 100% refund back into my bank account. The LATAM tickets still active online.

Just INCREDIBLE!!!!
Old Nov 29, 2020, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by brewster
I had a terrible times with them. Got the run around for weeks so I finally called my credit card company and gave them the details to dispute the charge.

It's been 67 days since my credit card company contact LATAM regarding a charge back.
No response. So credit card company provided 100% refund back into my bank account. The LATAM tickets still active online.

Just INCREDIBLE!!!!
i believe that's a good reason to always book with a credit card where its easy to dispute the charge, for chase sapphire preferred, i think it just takes a click or two to dispute...latam has been pretty disappointing lately,
brewster likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.