Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Business class product in COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2020, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Platinum

Hello,

So I got a flight GRU-LHR with LATAM new business layout 1-2-1 in their B777. Anyone knows which things have changed since March? Even if it's in the old 2-2-2 B787/767/A350 product.

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2020, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Matias C
Hello,

So I got a flight GRU-LHR with LATAM new business layout 1-2-1 in their B777. Anyone knows which things have changed since March? Even if it's in the old 2-2-2 B787/767/A350 product.

Cheers.
Things like amenities and services or what exactly are you referring to?
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Latam Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
Things like amenities and services or what exactly are you referring to?
Service. Difference between pre and post COVID. I know the pre-covid service but I would like to know what has changed.

cheers
Old Sep 19, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Matias C
Service. Difference between pre and post COVID. I know the pre-covid service but I would like to know what has changed.

cheers
According to this, no mention that the airline has reduced inflight service

https://www.latam.com/en_us/importan...f-coronavirus/
Old Sep 22, 2020, 7:05 am

I’ve flown GRU-FRA, during the first weeks of resuming flights. You can expect full amenity kit, a new sanitized blanket with copper textile. No pillow. For dinner, only one dish, a vegetarian pasta, breakfast was close to pre COVID. They also provided a packed sandwich (with ham, no veggie option) for mid flight snack, given at the end of dinner. For drinks, only canned beer available (Cristal), bottled water, and other soft drinks. Flew on the 2-2-2 A350, on a half full cabin. Staff does a good work, as usual LATAM intl business standards.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by dbasulto
I’ve flown GRU-FRA, during the first weeks of resuming flights. You can expect full amenity kit, a new sanitized blanket with copper textile. No pillow. For dinner, only one dish, a vegetarian pasta, breakfast was close to pre COVID. They also provided a packed sandwich (with ham, no veggie option) for mid flight snack, given at the end of dinner. For drinks, only canned beer available (Cristal), bottled water, and other soft drinks. Flew on the 2-2-2 A350, on a half full cabin. Staff does a good work, as usual LATAM intl business standards.
I suppose no wine is better than passing out little boxes of Gato Negro
BlatheringPenguin likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:03 am

Update from FRA-GRU today: of course no pre departure drink. Standard bottle of water. Dinner is cheese appetizer, vegetarian pasta main dish, fresh fruit, as in early COVID days, along with butter and a very tasty warm bread wrapped in foil, this was new and very good, even better than pre COVID offering. Now there are two choices of wine, and spirits upon request, good upgrade from two months ago. Skipped breakfast, but will report in my next flight.

I think service is up to the standards you could expect in COVID times.
Eastbay1K and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: Qatar Plat OW*E, HH Diamond, Hyatt Exp, Marriott Titanium
No full bar service? There's really no excuse for that.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
LATAM needs to improve the catering if the expect me to spend money, seriously.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 3:49 am

Update. Now there are two options for the main dish: a meal with meat (risotto with chicken was offered in one flight, and something different with meat on another) or vegetarian pasta. The rest remains the same (cheese appetizer, bread, fresh fruit). Bar has spirits and two options for wine. Has improved since my last flight, now with two options for main dish. Breakfast has the option of omelette or cold cuts, plus granola with yogurt and fresh fruit. Again, very good compared to other airlines during COVID.
Old Nov 21, 2020, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dbasulto
Update. Now there are two options for the main dish: a meal with meat (risotto with chicken was offered in one flight, and something different with meat on another) or vegetarian pasta. The rest remains the same (cheese appetizer, bread, fresh fruit). Bar has spirits and two options for wine. Has improved since my last flight, now with two options for main dish. Breakfast has the option of omelette or cold cuts, plus granola with yogurt and fresh fruit. Again, very good compared to other airlines during COVID.
This is good and very welcome news. I'm flying Latam long haul for the first time in January and looking forward to the experience. I've got the new seats on the 777 and am hoping for a nice experience. Wish there was a pillow though.
Old Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird Julie
This is good and very welcome news. I'm flying Latam long haul for the first time in January and looking forward to the experience. I've got the new seats on the 777 and am hoping for a nice experience. Wish there was a pillow though.
There are pillows and even mattress cover. The service in J is constantly improving. Flew the 777 with new cabin, great seats.
Old May 28, 2021, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Any changes since late last year? It sounds like everything is served on one tray now instead of multi-course dinners. Is that still the case? Pretty disappointing and cheap; sounds like economy service, but on china plates. Any updates on Latam lounges too? Self-serve drinks/wine and food or all packaged garbage?
Old Jun 23, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Yes would like an update also. Charging business class prices yet providing crap service come on… Have a LATAM Brasil flight coming up

Last edited by OpenSky; Jun 23, 2021 at 9:24 pm
Old Aug 11, 2021, 6:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
La 8190 gru-mia 777-300er

Wanted to give some of my key takeaways from recently flying on LATAM’s new business class seats

- cabin is beautiful with the color scheme they chose

- odd middle rows best for couples and odd window seats best for privacy for solo travelers

- no PDB’s

- no wifi installed on plane ( which to me is unacceptable in this day )

- food was overall ok ( the spinach ravioli with squash for my dinner main tasted the best )

- meals served on one tray

- crew was friendly

​​​​​​- cabin was less than half full

DCAhome, Semphyra and jonapet89 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.