Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Covid-19 Chargebacks and Cashback Experiences

LATAM Covid-19 Chargebacks and Cashback Experiences

Old Sep 8, 2020, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The airline could have problems with USA DOT if they don't issue refunds promptly for cancelled flights.
Airlines know that the DOT is practically toothless.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
A data point. My flight cancelled for December so I requested a refund on 8/28 received a voucher to use as a future credit or get a bank transfer on on 9/8 received bank transfer 9/17
Old Oct 5, 2020, 1:26 am

Hi. Does anyone know how long the bank transfer usually takes to an account outside the Americas? Thanks.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alamah
Hi. Does anyone know how long the bank transfer usually takes to an account outside the Americas? Thanks.
I'm in the UK - three months and counting still.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
I'm in the UK - three months and counting still.
Thanks. That's awfully long. Hope we can all receive the refund eventually.
Old Oct 5, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I tried a chargeback but imagine it will fail since it is a bank transfer and my credit card has no way of knowing that the refund isn't sitting in my bank account.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 4:05 pm

EIGHT months and counting.
Latam Peru, Peruvian resident, Peruvian credit card.
Insulting.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by javi
EIGHT months and counting.
Latam Peru, Peruvian resident, Peruvian credit card.
Insulting.
That's awful. Did you follow up with them?

Did they still refund directly to a credit card back then?
Old Oct 14, 2020, 3:11 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
*September 16th - travel voucher to bank transfer request - (sent bank details via email with support case created by phone a couple of days earlier)
*October 14th - received confirmation email indicating bank transfer had been completed on October 9th
Peruvian residents/citizens with Peruvian bank (BCP)

Last edited by andreadbc; Oct 21, 2020 at 7:46 am
Old Oct 15, 2020, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by alamah
That's awful. Did you follow up with them?

Did they still refund directly to a credit card back then?
They first give you a credit via travel-voucher, and then, if you desire, you ask (and wait for an unknown time) that they transfer the money into your bank account (not credit card, you're right).
I've been following up, but it's been useless and insulting. They claim they are full with queries, which must be a lie, as Andreadbc luckily states:

Originally Posted by andreadbc
*September 16th - travel voucher to bank transfer request - (sent bank details via email with support case created by phone a couple of days earlier)
*October 14th - received confirmation email indicating bank transfer had be completed on October 9th
Peruvian residents/citizens with Peruvian bank (BCP)
Lucky you, indeed...
Old Oct 16, 2020, 4:33 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

They used to refund to credit card (pre-pandemic) -- which is why as you mentioned 8 months could've been the case.
One month approximately from voucher to bank is also what I experienced back in May/June.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 12:57 am
Original Poster

We applied for vouchers and then refunds for 3 flights pretty much all at the same time. Several months on, my refunds have now come through, but my partner's (same booking, applied for all at the same time) still has not gotten his. Either way, this is progress.

Edit: all of it has arrived back now.
Brandinho1 likes this.

Last edited by Dan1113; Oct 17, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Old Oct 20, 2020, 1:37 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by andreadbc
One month approximately from voucher to bank is also what I experienced back in May/June.
Travel Voucher to bank account request October 2nd, money arrived October 20th, notification email received October 28th - Peruvian bank BCP

(last one hopefully)

Last edited by andreadbc; Oct 28, 2020 at 10:09 am
Old Oct 20, 2020, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dan1113
We applied for vouchers and then refunds for 3 flights pretty much all at the same time. Several months on, my refunds have now come through, but my partner's (same booking, applied for all at the same time) still has not gotten his. Either way, this is progress.

Edit: all of it has arrived back now.
Good to hear that you got your money back! Guess I will have to be patient and wait.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:25 am

LATAM's Facebook page posted this message earlier today:

If you believe money is owed to you by LATAM, you have until December 18th, 2020 to file a claim in the chapter 11 bankruptcy. https://cases.primeclerk.com/LATAM/
What does this imply? Do folks who are waiting for the bank transfer need to do something?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.