Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Reload this Page >

possibly flying to guayaquil later this summer/fall...huge list of entry requirements

possibly flying to guayaquil later this summer/fall...huge list of entry requirements

Old Jun 5, 20, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Airport of Guayaquil, José Joaquín de Olmedo

so my wife and I might want to visit guayaquil later this summer/fall, my father is law is a little sick....

my question is, if we only want to visit for a week or so, what about the 14 day mandatory quarantine the website is showing? does that mean we have to stay for 14 days? we usually live with her parents when we visit....are we able to leave the house?

for anyone that has the answers, please help.

Thank you
Old Jun 5, 20, 1:54 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Well... no you can't leave the place where you will be placed. That is the whole purpose of the quarantine. Unlike the US where the shelter at home orders were more relaxed and defined by states, this is a national quarantine mandated by the state and enforced by the police. It applies to all. As of now, this means you will be placed on a temporary lodging (most likely a hotel) arranged by the government, because you are not a resident

However, this is what Ecuador is doing right now, things might be quite different in 2-3 months, so you should check again then.

That being said: if he is a little bit sick, I would think twice about visiting him, you don't want to bring something in with you.
Semphyra likes this.

Last edited by MfromL; Jun 5, 20 at 2:08 pm
Old Jun 6, 20, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
Well... no you can't leave the place where you will be placed. That is the whole purpose of the quarantine. Unlike the US where the shelter at home orders were more relaxed and defined by states, this is a national quarantine mandated by the state and enforced by the police. It applies to all. As of now, this means you will be placed on a temporary lodging (most likely a hotel) arranged by the government, because you are not a resident

However, this is what Ecuador is doing right now, things might be quite different in 2-3 months, so you should check again then.

That being said: if he is a little bit sick, I would think twice about visiting him, you don't want to bring something in with you.
Yes hopefully they relax the rules a little. It would be silly to try to visit family only to be placed in a hotel, then back to the airport to leave without seeing anyone or doing anything.
Old Jun 6, 20, 2:10 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Well, honestly I don't think they will relax too much the rules, if they follow the lead of other Latin American countries, which are talking about really opening for international tourism much later (late August, or September).

Bear in mind as well that the US might get some type of ban at some point in the future, because while numbers are going down right now, most experts agree that the numbers of cases will rise exponentially in the near future due to the massive protests.
Old Jun 8, 20, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
Well, honestly I don't think they will relax too much the rules, if they follow the lead of other Latin American countries, which are talking about really opening for international tourism much later (late August, or September).

Bear in mind as well that the US might get some type of ban at some point in the future, because while numbers are going down right now, most experts agree that the numbers of cases will rise exponentially in the near future due to the massive protests.
Yeah, I am hoping for a late August/Early September trip...hopefully the requirements are just a negative PCR test upon arrival and wear masks at all times, etc...but no self quarantine.

if cases here and in Ecuador go up, and there is no relaxing of the rules, we could be in for a long wait...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: