Flights not running but no cancellation email

Old Jun 6, 20, 4:01 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Gold+, BA-Blues
Originally Posted by Brandinho1 View Post
Received wire transfer refund from LATAM today on day 35.
You are lucky, it seems. I'm waiting still for a bank transfer requested eight weeks ago, so 40 business days, and counting... Voucher status still reflects as "Currently being transferred" - which makes a total mockery of the word 'currently'!

In what country is your account? And did you receive the full amount you were expecting - or did they play games with the Forex?
Old Jun 6, 20, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
You are lucky, it seems. I'm waiting still for a bank transfer requested eight weeks ago, so 40 business days, and counting... Voucher status still reflects as "Currently being transferred" - which makes a total mockery of the word 'currently'!

In what country is your account? And did you receive the full amount you were expecting - or did they play games with the Forex?
i have a U.S. bank account and lost .15 cents over Forex so I won’t complain
Old Jun 12, 20, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dan1113 View Post
Voucher issued for one flight within seven days. Now I have submitted the bank account details for the cash refund.
Two weeks and counting for the next two flights that I submitted vouchers for -- going much more slowly this time.
Old Jun 15, 20, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone had a voucher come through recently for a cancelled ticket? As mentioned above the first set was super quick but not had anything from the second set in over two weeks now.
Old Jun 16, 20, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Took nearly three weeks this time, but the vouchers finally come. Have now requested that they be converted into a cash refund.
Old Jun 16, 20, 6:14 pm
Ambassador, LAN LANPASS

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by andreadbc View Post
They told me they are issuing vouchers first and then you can apply for the voucher to proceed as a refund to bank account (with another website form... as the form wasn't working, I sent an online help request and it was accepted for processing... They estimated 15 working days for Peruvian bank account (that is actually due today)... now with the recent events (restructuring etc) I'm assuming it might be longer...)
Succesful bank transfer received yesterday (Peruvian bank)! -- (requested travel voucher payment on May 5th)
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 20, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Adding my data point. Filled out the request for voucher and cash refund both on June 3, received deposit today (in my US bank account). Even made 54 cents on the deal.
Old Jun 19, 20, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
Adding my data point. Filled out the request for voucher and cash refund both on June 3, received deposit today (in my US bank account). Even made 54 cents on the deal.
What route?

I ask because for my refund - requested mid-April, for a ticket from S. Africa to Chile via Sao Paulo, I've been informed that, contrary to the 30 business-day timeframe they initially mentioned, they are invoking a dispensation measure by the Brazilian government, which allows them up to 12 months to make the deposit.
Old Jun 19, 20, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bswiz View Post
Gosh, impressive!
Old Jun 22, 20, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by checkerboard View Post
What route?

I ask because for my refund - requested mid-April, for a ticket from S. Africa to Chile via Sao Paulo, I've been informed that, contrary to the 30 business-day timeframe they initially mentioned, they are invoking a dispensation measure by the Brazilian government, which allows them up to 12 months to make the deposit.
Mine was for a domestic Peru trip - LIM-CUZ and CUZ-LIM. I had purchased directly from the Peru LATAM site, not sure if that makes any difference.
Old Jun 22, 20, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Both of my pending refund bookings are also domestic Peru trips, purchased directly. Deposit into a UK GBP account. Fingers crossed!
Old Jul 2, 20, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Today is the one month mark for the first set of vouchers to arrive in the bank account in cash so they're officially "late".
Old Jul 3, 20, 11:54 am

They'll of course tell you that it's 30 business days, not 30 calendar days.

But then, when the 30 business days have elapsed, don't be surprised if they then tell you they really meant 30 Venus days, so by 19-May-2040, your payment should definitely be processed.

Clowns.
Old Jul 4, 20, 2:27 am

I've just filled chargebacks for LATAM flights in August (had 3 bookings, all cancelled - one paid with Mastercard and 2 with Amex). Got refunds within 2 days. CBA dealing with LATAM/vouchers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: