Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-SCL-IPC connection in SCL

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2020, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
Question ATL-SCL-IPC connection in SCL

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Last month, there was an amazing sale, and I booked a trip to IPC in December with a stopover in SCL later on providing enough time to get down to Villarrica for the eclipse. I am hoping that IPC will be open again for visitors by that time, and I am also concerned about my connection in SCL.

My current itinerary has me arriving from ATL to SCL on DL147 at 07:00 and connecting to LA841 at 09:30 for IPC. This is booked on a single ticket, so my bags will be checked though to IPC.

Will I have time to arrive, go through customs, pick up my bags, drop the bags off for my LA flight, and get to the IPC flight within 2.5 hours? On top of that, I understand that Chile is currently requiring foreign travelers to isolate for 2 weeks before connecting onto a domestic flight, and that IPC is currently closed to flights. Is there any word on the easing of these restrictions?
Old May 21, 2020, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
As you can imagine, no one will be able to tell you anything about restrictions lifting - and since you are not travelling until December; I honestly wouldn't worry about it much until closer to travel date. So much can change in just a matter of days!
Specifically on your question re: transit in SCL; your bags will not be checked through as far as I know. You will have to clear customs upon arrival in Santiago and recheck the bags, before you can proceed to IPC (a domestic destination).
2.5 hrs is tight, but not impossible (and certainly within MTC given this was sold as a single ticket). It is very likely that flights will be retimed between now and December, so just keep an eye on your itinerary.

I have very fond memories of my trip to IPC - one of my favourite destinations in the world!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.