Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Getting Through

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Getting Through

Has anyone been able to get through to Latam? I actually called them with no problem a few days ago to cancel a ticket and they said it was all set and now I'm getting check in notices. Of course it's impossible to get through at this point. Anyone having any luck with a different number than the US one?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
It seems they are getting a lot of calls
#AtentionPassengers: Due to the high demand of calls to our contact center, we are prioritizing passengers who fly in the next 48 hs. We appreciate your understanding. For measures regarding COVID-19 refer to latam.com/coronavirus/

https://twitter.com/latamairlines/st...765297152?s=21

Try calling again, reach them via Twitter or try the Chile phone number +56 22 579 8990 (with Skype is cheap)
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: QF WP
Took me a total of 59 minutes on the Australian number earlier today (phone up to phone down)- it was around 36 minutes wait before I got to speak to someone and then a few periods on hold while he sorted stuff out behind the scenes

Last edited by nancypants; Mar 14, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 11:17 am
Original Poster

I did try the Chile number...will try again. Thanks for the time estimate. I don't mind holding an hour...I just wanted to make sure it wasn't 8 hours or a hang up.

I tried Twitter too but no response so far.

Last edited by hedylarue; Mar 14, 2020 at 11:25 am
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Waited 45 min and hung up last night.

The are offering free changes BUT the are charging the difference in fare. We are not allowed to enter Ecuador from Peru (Americans are going to be put under mandatory 14 day quarantine and not self quarantine they are going to take you to a hotel your going to stay there and your not allowed out. SO were not doing that. So we are going to fly home. I have a flight today from CUZ to LIM so will try at the counters to make the change. Upfaring us though is absolutely insane. We are booked on an I fare I is showing 7 Available (Max they show is 7) and to upfare someone which I'm going to say is going to be at least $500 per person is crazy. Were not really concerned about COVID-19 but we have zero interest in staying in a hotel for 14 days out of our pockets too no less just to complete the route as booked.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

At the moment it's just hanging up on me...my flight was scheduled for Wed so I have a bit of time.

This potential quarantine of US travelers is exactly what I was afraid of so I'm glad we didn't fly over there. Get home safe.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

OK well it took me about 30 calls to get through without being hung up on and then I finally got on hold and from that time the process was about 33 minutes so not too bad.

They were helpful and basically told me the same...fees waived but no refunds and difference in fare applies. I never got a response on Twitter so being persistent with the call center worked for me.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by hedylarue
OK well it took me about 30 calls to get through without being hung up on and then I finally got on hold and from that time the process was about 33 minutes so not too bad.

They were helpful and basically told me the same...fees waived but no refunds and difference in fare applies. I never got a response on Twitter so being persistent with the call center worked for me.
was told $1,830 PER PERSON fare difference for one leg on a fare that was $1100 for 3 legs but HEY we waived the $300 change fee. What a slap in the face. Not really happy right now with LATAM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.