Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Reload this Page >

LATAM says: USA members' points expire after 2 years with no reset!!!

LATAM says: USA members' points expire after 2 years with no reset!!!

Old Mar 9, 20, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thumbs down LATAM says: USA members' points expire after 2 years with no reset!!!

After asking LATAM why my expiration on the site shows 2 years, while the T&Cs seem to say 3 years reset after a paid LATAM flight which earns at least one mile, they replied thus:

Your Latampass XXXXXXXXX was created in USA, so that it earns points not miles; given that please see details of expiration of points through the following link:

https://www.latam.com/en_us/latam-pass/how-to-earnw-points/expiration-of-points/

which just says:

Points on LATAM flights

These are valid for 24 months from the date each flight is credited.

Points for flights on oneworld and associated airlines

These are valid for 24 months from the date each flight is credited.

and spells out nothing about resetting earlier-earned points (including with the US Bank LATAM Visa card) by getting points on LATAM fligths.

This seems to be change made since the Multiplus "migration", but I can't find anything about it on the LATAM site without using the link they provided. So of course if this is a new policy, I knew nothing about it until they just sent it to me earlier today.

My account shows that my miles/kms/whatever that were migrated to Multiplus in mid-2018 are going to expire on 1/1/2021, so basically at the end of this year, even though I've had 2 paid LATAM flights since which both earned LATAM points, and in fact I chose of those flights over a better-scheduled flight on another airline solely so that it would reset my expiration at LATAM.

If you are USA-based, are you going to stay with LATAM if there truly no way to reset expiration after 2 years???
oints
Old Mar 31, 20, 3:33 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite), OW emerald (BA), ST elite plus (AF)
very weird. called LATAM today and they explained that only in a few countries where you collect miles instead of points miles are extended when you fly with LATAM or oneworld.
However in Germany members earn points - so my 79.000 points would have expired tomorrow. So i quickly booked an award flight MAD-LIM-MAD for 62.500 points and a LIM-TRU-LIM day trip for 15.000 points (in November). Thought I extended the vailidity of my points with my flight in early March, but that did not work out

BTW award availability is wide open with lowest fares all over LATAM and partner airline routes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: