Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM's call center won't enter frequent flier number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.

I realize this is only an issue for OW members for a few more months, but it's presumably one that will be inherited by ST members sooner or later. Long-suffering users of LATAM's website will know that it only allows you to enter a LA FF number (and even with an OWE number has entered by a TA, the website still tries to charge you for advance seat assignments). Until now, my solution has been to phone them, and ask them to enter the number and assign my seats. But yesterday, I was connected to an agent who told me that they were no longer allowed to do this for "security reasons" (!!!) and that I would have to do that at the airport. When I questioned the validity of that reason and told me that the point of being OWE is being able to select my seat in advance he said it wasn't his fault and asked me to not let my rating of the call reflect on him. I told him that I wouldn't, but he still didn't connect me to the post-call feedback. Anyway, I contacted LATAM Brazil via Twitter, and they'd entered my number within five minutes (and then I could call in and have another agent assign my free seats).
Old Feb 3, 2020, 11:41 am

See this thread on this topic..

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lata...m-booking.html

I've just posted today to update my dreadful experience.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Oh dear! Sorry to learn about your experience. Mods, feel free to merge threads.

I had the same experience with my boarding pass showing a different seat than the one I'd selected, except I only discovered after boarding, and finding I was suddenly in a middle seat. On a transatlantic 777.

The only thing I shall miss with LATAM is a free checked bag as OWE even with HBO fares. And their lounge in EZE.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I’m UK-based, and have a series of LATAM regional / domestic flights coming up, beginning one week from today (and involving three SA countries). All bookings were made online, some as straight cash and some as Avios rewards. In every case I was able to select a seat, at zero cost - either at the time of booking or later via MMB - including those which are all-economy configs.

Yesterday, whilst doing my usual ‘pre-trip checks’, I found that, for a couple of these LATAM flights, I could not trace a note of the ticket numbers, either within the emailed reservation confirmations or via MMB. Instinct told me to follow up and I called an 0800 contact centre number which was answered fairly promptly (after going through a typical options menu).

The LATAM support agent really could not have been more helpful or courteous. She patiently double-checked every one of my sectors and PNR’s ; offered to send confirmations for those where I was missing ticket numbers (which actually arrived by email whilst we were still speaking) ; and cross-checked with me that my preferred seats, as originally selected, were all showing within the LATAM res system. Also at my request, the last thing she did was to confirm that my OWE number was showing on all bookings. It was, virtually, the perfect call !

All that said, I have taken careful note of comments above by Passmethesickbag on the matter of seat numbers on BP’s not always matching up with those selected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.