Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

LATAM Moving to Terminal 4 at JFK. BYE BYE Flagship Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)

Well the reality of the merger is hitting and boy oh boy what a horrible move. LATAM effective FEB 1st is moving from Terminal 8 to Terminal 4. Bye Bye American Flagship, hello crappy Delta Lounge. T4 is over crowded as is. So is their lounge. And considering LATAM doesn't participate in TSA that will still remain an issue at a more crowded terminal. At least at T8 you only had LATAM customers and the one CX flight occupying late at night.

Delta points suck for value, AVIOS certainly crushes it even it's its availability isn't great. The reality is sinking in...

Wonder if one can still use the Flagship Lounge until LATAM actually leaves OW .

https://onemileatatime.com/latam-jfk-terminal-change/
Old Jan 17, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Absolute disaster indeed Losing American Flagship lounge to Delta SkyClub is quite a significant downgrade. Although it might be technically possible to use the Flagship one in Terminal 8, I don't think it's a good idea. Getting through security in T8, visiting the lounge, then Airtran to T4, another security check, and good luck if your plane is located at one of those the most remote B-gates (more than a 1 km walk). I am also wondering how LATAM will be fulfilling their OW commitments when it comes to OW elites (Emerald and Sapphire) when it comes to lounge access (well, it not gonna last long, but still) ?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 10:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Carolinas
Absolute disaster indeed Losing American Flagship lounge to Delta SkyClub is quite a significant downgrade. Although it might be technically possible to use the Flagship one in Terminal 8, I don't think it's a good idea. Getting through security in T8, visiting the lounge, then Airtran to T4, another security check, and good luck if your plane is located at one of those the most remote B-gates (more than a 1 km walk). I am also wondering how LATAM will be fulfilling their OW commitments when it comes to OW elites (Emerald and Sapphire) when it comes to lounge access (well, it not gonna last long, but still) ?
No guarantee even of Skyclub...LATAM could contract with the Wingtips Lounge or the Air India Maharaja Lounge for Oneworld elites, no?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by DMPHL
No guarantee even of Skyclub...LATAM could contract with the Wingtips Lounge or the Air India Maharaja Lounge for Oneworld elites, no?
For LATAM elites it should be SkyClub according to LATAM's email they recently sent around: "Además, si eres socio de las categorías Black Signature, Black o Platinum o si viajas en la cabina Premium Business, podrás acceder al Salón VIP de Delta ubicado en el mismo terminal." . As for the OW ones - it's not clear yet. Anyone knows ?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
I submitted a complaint, not that it will do anything but I suggested they should contract a better lounge than SkyClub.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by theboss7593
I submitted a complaint, not that it will do anything but I suggested they should contract a better lounge than SkyClub.
From the company that didn't seem to care that one of its principal hubs (LIM) didn't have lounge access for how long ... (a couple of years?) I'd expect that your complaint will be given very special attention!
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
From the company that didn't seem to care that one of its principal hubs (LIM) didn't have lounge access for how long ... (a couple of years?) I'd expect that your complaint will be given very special attention!
Hey don't forget how long it's taken for the new Terminal to open in LIM. and it's still only partially open. Maybe their own lounge by 2023?

As a sidenote : With CDMX airport being cancelled SA investors are hungry I think there actually might be some movement on this now.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:16 pm

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Hey don't forget how long it's taken for the new Terminal to open in LIM. and it's still only partially open. Maybe their own lounge by 2023?
LIM still does not have the new terminal. They are about to start building it, but only after the new runway is done (somewhere mid 2021). The new terminal is expected to open in 2023, and the full renewed airport (1 new terminal + 2 parallel operating runways + business center + old terminal converted into logistics area) to be done at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025. But these are estimates and the project is already 5 years overdue.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:41 am

so basically effective feb 1st, 2020, LATAM will fly out of T4 at JFK, and business class passengers will have access to the Delta Sky Club?
Old Jan 28, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by michael1023
so basically effective feb 1st, 2020, LATAM will fly out of T4 at JFK, and business class passengers will have access to the Delta Sky Club?
Yes and also Virgin's Lounge. It's not clear if Oneworld passengers on Economy (flying on LATAM) will be able to use them but according to the alliance agreements they should, unless they get a waiver from Oneworld
Old Jan 28, 2020, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Semphyra
Yes and also Virgin's Lounge. It's not clear if Oneworld passengers on Economy (flying on LATAM) will be able to use them but according to the alliance agreements they should, unless they get a waiver from Oneworld
Is there official word that LATAM passengers would have access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse? I would imagine access would be limited to the Delta SkyClub. DL and VS have an agreement in place for their passengers (DL elites and J passengers flying to the UK ONLY can use the Clubhouse).

I don't imagine that access would be extended to LATAM passengers, since while both LATAM and VS have agreements with Delta, that doesn't effectively create an agreement between VS and LATAM.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:37 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Is there official word that LATAM passengers would have access to the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse? I would imagine access would be limited to the Delta SkyClub. DL and VS have an agreement in place for their passengers (DL elites and J passengers flying to the UK ONLY can use the Clubhouse).

I don't imagine that access would be extended to LATAM passengers, since while both LATAM and VS have agreements with Delta, that doesn't effectively create an agreement between VS and LATAM.
Is not official and neither the fine print. But a little birdie told me that VS lounge is included
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Semphyra
Is not official and neither the fine print. But a little birdie told me that VS lounge is included
Well that would honestly be an upgrade for Business Class passengers from the Flagship Lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: LATAM Black
Does anybody know what will happen in other airports where LATAM has decent amount of flights, but no LATAM lounge? Like MAD, GIG, LGW, MIA etc when they leave OneWorld?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by cphflyer_EB
Does anybody know what will happen in other airports where LATAM has decent amount of flights, but no LATAM lounge? Like MAD, GIG, LGW, MIA etc when they leave OneWorld?
In airports where there is no LATAM lounge, they will contract with either a third party lounge or another airline’s lounge. I’d imagine in places where they are maintaining relationships with former OneWorld partners, they may contract with those partners’ lounges (BA, IB, etc.)

There is a LATAM VIP Lounge at MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.