FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-latam-fidelidade-689/)
-   -   LATAM Moving to Terminal 4 at JFK. BYE BYE Flagship Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-latam-fidelidade/2004780-latam-moving-terminal-4-jfk-bye-bye-flagship-lounge.html)

geoshina Feb 1, 20 12:17 am

I remember that TAM used to be in T4 and the lounge contracted was the Clubhouse.

theboss7593 Feb 4, 20 2:11 pm


Originally Posted by MfromL (Post 31978937)
LIM still does not have the new terminal. They are about to start building it, but only after the new runway is done (somewhere mid 2021). The new terminal is expected to open in 2023, and the full renewed airport (1 new terminal + 2 parallel operating runways + business center + old terminal converted into logistics area) to be done at the end of 2024 or beginning of 2025. But these are estimates and the project is already 5 years overdue.

They do have an extension of the terminal that is brand new. But only a handful of the gates are being used, a lounge was suppose to go in that area.

Ironically I flew into JFK in the early hours of Feb 2nd (1AM) on AA just as (Day 2 of T4) of the XL JFK-GYE flight was departing and it indeed was pulling out of Terminal 4 (around B27 ish I believe). T8 was an absolute ghost town, with just CX going out after 11PM (and only 2 AA after 10PM) I wonder if they will really keep flagship open for 10 people until 12:30 daily. Now with 2-3 LATAM flights gone from that 10-12:30am window. CX is all that remains late night.

theboss7593 Feb 10, 20 9:51 pm


Originally Posted by Semphyra (Post 32006493)
Is not official and neither the fine print. But a little birdie told me that VS lounge is included :)

Can you PM me back on this if you can't publicly comment on this. I called and emailed and both sources and said VS lounge was NOT included.

Semphyra Feb 12, 20 9:38 pm


Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 32057463)
Can you PM me back on this if you can't publicly comment on this. I called and emailed and both sources and said VS lounge was NOT included.

It seems the deal isn't closed yet. Sorry about that

theboss7593 Feb 20, 20 5:59 am


Originally Posted by Semphyra (Post 32065610)
It seems the deal isn't closed yet. Sorry about that

The Delta Sky Club Deal at T4 is official with LATAM. Has finally been updated to their website. Still not a suitable replacement for the 2:05 GYE flight. SKY Club closes at Midnight.

Any word on VS Club?

michael1023 Feb 20, 20 6:47 am


Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 32092856)
The Delta Sky Club Deal at T4 is official with LATAM. Has finally been updated to their website. Still not a suitable replacement for the 2:05 GYE flight. SKY Club closes at Midnight.

Any word on VS Club?

205am flight? I thought it was 12:30am? and doesnt it bump up to 12am somewhere in the summer?

theboss7593 Feb 20, 20 11:42 am


Originally Posted by michael1023 (Post 32092964)
205am flight? I thought it was 12:30am? and doesnt it bump up to 12am somewhere in the summer?

It's 1:05 until DST then it's 2:05 until June where it's 1:50 all the way till DST in OCT it's only 12:10 for a short time frame between end of OCT and JAN.

michael1023 Feb 20, 20 11:50 am


Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 32093917)
It's 1:05 until DST then it's 2:05 until June where it's 1:50 all the way till DST in OCT it's only 12:10 for a short time frame between end of OCT and JAN.

What horrible times for a flight lol. Especially from my experience for a lot of passengers in wheelchairs.

theboss7593 Feb 20, 20 11:55 am


Originally Posted by michael1023 (Post 32093956)
What horrible times for a flight lol. Especially from my experience for a lot of passengers in wheelchairs.

The only good thing is it's the only inbound INTL flight at that hour so customs is always a breeze unlike LIM where if it was to arrive at this time vs previous time add multiple INTL arrivals to the list. Does stink though from a lounge perspective, could be on the plane and eyes shut by 12:30-1AM and could be out the door at arrivals before 7AM now its closer to 9.

michael1023 Feb 25, 20 7:29 am

just a quick question, sorry if i have asked this before, does anyone know why these jfk-gye flights are getting more and more into the middle of the night? it sucks for me and my family, and we are relatively young, but when i see soooo many passengers in wheelchairs, it must be such an ordeal for them,

worse now that the new terminal at jfk is terminal 4, which i heard is way worse then terminal 8

theboss7593 Feb 26, 20 4:13 pm


Originally Posted by michael1023 (Post 32110704)
just a quick question, sorry if i have asked this before, does anyone know why these jfk-gye flights are getting more and more into the middle of the night? it sucks for me and my family, and we are relatively young, but when i see soooo many passengers in wheelchairs, it must be such an ordeal for them,

worse now that the new terminal at jfk is terminal 4, which i heard is way worse then terminal 8

Well first things first the hour later is because of daylight savings time, as Ecuador does not observe it. But the flight leaving an extra hour later than that my guess has to do with slot bidding. My guess is they only have 1 gate at T4 and the Lima flight doesn't pull out until 11:25 so you figure the other plane needs roughly 2 hours to come in deboard recater fuel checks cargo being a big one as well etc. that's my guess as to why it's so late. The plane comes in around 11:40 from GYE so a 2 hour turn around puts it at that 1:50 time.

michael1023 Feb 27, 20 7:40 am


Originally Posted by theboss7593 (Post 32116452)
Well first things first the hour later is because of daylight savings time, as Ecuador does not observe it. But the flight leaving an extra hour later than that my guess has to do with slot bidding. My guess is they only have 1 gate at T4 and the Lima flight doesn't pull out until 11:25 so you figure the other plane needs roughly 2 hours to come in deboard recater fuel checks cargo being a big one as well etc. that's my guess as to why it's so late. The plane comes in around 11:40 from GYE so a 2 hour turn around puts it at that 1:50 time.

i guess, it just sucks is all lol

at least coming back from GYE its a decent hour, like 4pm...doesnt that departure change as well during the seasons?

theboss7593 Feb 27, 20 11:37 am


Originally Posted by michael1023 (Post 32118365)
i guess, it just sucks is all lol

at least coming back from GYE its a decent hour, like 4pm...doesnt that departure change as well during the seasons?

If it does it goes to 9AM (like one month out of the year think OCT) otherwise it stays at 4PM.

theboss7593 Nov 23, 20 3:35 pm

Just a heads up LATAM's website is showing Virgin Clubhouse Access is now allowed (once reopened) for LATAM customers. Unfortunately it still doesn't address the flights leaving after 10:30PM.... (in the Summer I suppose GYE is the only one on the outs but the Winter Schedule it usually pushes an hour back and would put both LIM and GYE as not having a lounge) The current schedule is a lot better than the 1:50AM departure to GYE they had scheduled....

July Departures:

6:35PM GRU
7:05PM SCL
11:25PM LIM
12:10AM GYE
https://www.latam.com/en_us/about-us...lounges-latam/


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 1:49 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.