Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption confusion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Redemption confusion

Attempting a One-Way online award redemption using OneWorld partners. Tried searching for my cities on the website but only specific city pairs are found. For example if I select Tokyo in "From" then I don't get the option for "Chicago" in "To". But I do find "New York" so I know that this type of award can be booked online.

Anyways, so I called the Help Desk and they said:
1) Award tix need to be Round-Trip, and
2) No more than 10-1/2 months out.

Obviously both these statements conflict with the online redemption which allows one-ways and also books further out. Any ideas what to do or just keep calling back in the hopes of getting a more knowledgeable agent? Not holding my breath after personal previous experiences which were prior to the TAM merger and the whole Fidelidade circus, so seeing how far I can take this before I give up.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 8:25 pm

I asked the call centre about one-way awards today and they said that one-way awards are now possible but only for flights in between argentina, chile, peru and brazil (? i forget).

In all my years with LATAM award fares have always had to be return so this is new. They said for international flights to Oceania that one-way was not possible, and that this was true for most ex-south america destinations.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by Mrmrpotatohead
I asked the call centre about one-way awards today and they said that one-way awards are now possible but only for flights in between argentina, chile, peru and brazil (? i forget).

In all my years with LATAM award fares have always had to be return so this is new. They said for international flights to Oceania that one-way was not possible, and that this was true for most ex-south america destinations.
One-Ways have been available in my experience. I search for them from time to time. US-US US-EU. Never any good ones but they are there.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:41 am

You can book them, but the points cost has always been for a return itinerary. I have booked many LAN redemptions over the years, trust me they used to only offer return awards.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
One-Way redemptions are available only in Domestic Markets
Old Feb 27, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
Originally Posted by Mrmrpotatohead
You can book them, but the points cost has always been for a return itinerary. I have booked many LAN redemptions over the years, trust me they used to only offer return awards.
Makes sense why they are so expensive then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.