New elite rules for 2020????

Old Nov 17, 19, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LAN COMODORO
New elite rules for 2020????

Hi guys, so Latam is getting out of Onewolrd after the new deal with Delta. But as far as Mid November i have not seem any changes into how they will deal with elite members.... Any one has any idea?
Old Nov 18, 19, 6:15 pm

Programs: JP SEN; LATAM Black Signature; Accor Plat
Originally Posted by PABLOCO View Post
Hi guys, so Latam is getting out of Onewolrd after the new deal with Delta. But as far as Mid November i have not seem any changes into how they will deal with elite members.... Any one has any idea?
I´d like to know this as well, to be honest. There is also no information of when exactly they intend to leave OW. BTW: leaving OW makes LATAM more unattractive for flying, unless you only and exclusively fly them. All the elite benefits on other carriers are gonna be gone: at least a lounge access was a nice perk. Delta in my opinion is abysmal.
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:41 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LA is leaving oneworld around Q1 2020. No details of elite rules, but in the conference call after the anouncement they said they are going to get codeshares and status recognition next year as soon as possible.
Old Nov 19, 19, 9:38 am

Programs: LATAMPass Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by LH_001 View Post
I´d like to know this as well, to be honest. There is also no information of when exactly they intend to leave OW. BTW: leaving OW makes LATAM more unattractive for flying, unless you only and exclusively fly them. All the elite benefits on other carriers are gonna be gone: at least a lounge access was a nice perk. Delta in my opinion is abysmal.
A Spanish forum released the date of LA leaving OW –from a LATAM worker who consistently gives insider information–: February 29th (no joke, next year we will have a 29th).
Old Nov 19, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: LatamPass Gold, SAS EBB, M&M
Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
A Spanish forum released the date of LA leaving OW –from a LATAM worker who consistently gives insider information–: February 29th (no joke, next year we will have a 29th).
That's intersting that it's happening so fast. Does this mean they are confident that the Chilean Supreme Court will support the proposed DL/LA agreement? A few days ago I checked flight status on miami-airport.com and I was surprised to find that while the LIM-bound flights operated by AA are still code-shared by LA and so they also have LA flight numbers, the reverse is not true: all the LA-operated flights bound for LIM now only have LA numbers, so it looks like AA cancelled code-share agreements with LA on their side.

I am curious when it will become possible to earn Latam Pass miles on DL flights. I have a few flights on DL in February and would like to credit them to Latam Pass. I remember that it was possible to earn miles (back then termed kilometers) on JJ flights long before the official merger of Lan and TAM.
Old Nov 19, 19, 4:50 pm

No idea about that, it was just some info spread there. I'll report back any new developments in this front, as soon as I hear them from a reliable source.
krzysz likes this.
Old Nov 19, 19, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by MfromL View Post
link?
Old Nov 19, 19, 6:15 pm

Here. Check his post history.
Old Nov 21, 19, 11:42 am

Programs: AA-EXP, LATAM Platinum, BA-Blues
FWIW, Qantas suggests last day of OW membership for LATAM will be 30-Sept-2020: https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...hts/latam.html
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:44 pm

You beat me to it. Yeah, they have another date... so I'm guessing that is more concrete that the hear-say from the forum.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: