FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   LATAM | LATAM Pass (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass-689/)
-   -   experience with latam business upgrade bidding... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/latam-latam-pass/1994329-experience-latam-business-upgrade-bidding.html)

michael1023 Nov 6, 2019 8:48 am

experience with latam business upgrade bidding...

does anyone have any experience with LATAM's business class bidding before a flight? my wife and I are flying coach, and want to take a chance to upgrade, we will bid 300 per person for the upgrade, but I think you only find out 12 hours before?

Semphyra Nov 7, 2019 9:36 am

It uses Plusgrade, a lot of airlines are using this system. There is a minimum bid and you find out if you get the upgrade 12 hours before the flight via mail. If the J Cabin is too full, you may get the upgrade confirmation at the gate. Sadly you don't get to know how many empty seats there are, neither how many people are in the waitlist and what position you are

LATAM Black (OWE) gets their complementary upgrade first, then biddings, then Platinum and Gold (OWS and OWR) and finally airline employees.

Good luck

michael1023 Nov 7, 2019 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Semphyra (Post 31711648)
It uses Plusgrade, a lot of airlines are using this system. There is a minimum bid and you find out if you get the upgrade 12 hours before the flight via mail. If the J Cabin is too full, you may get the upgrade confirmation at the gate. Sadly you don't get to know how many empty seats there are, neither how many people are in the waitlist and what position you are

LATAM Black (OWE) gets their complementary upgrade first, then biddings, then Platinum and Gold (OWS and OWR) and finally airline employees.

Good luck

im surprised they only let you know 12 hours before, it would be nice to know sooner so as to know if we can bring another checked luggage...

andreadbc Nov 8, 2019 3:51 pm

I think checked baggage allowance doesn't change? I have a screenshot of the upgrade bidding website and it just mentions as benefits: check-in preferente, embarque preferente, acceder a salones VIP.

michael1023 Nov 11, 2019 7:30 am

can you show me this screenshot?

andreadbc Nov 11, 2019 10:35 pm

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...cc87e3e788.jpg

He Wilson Dec 29, 2019 2:23 am

could you take the screenshot of English , thks

carlosdca Jan 5, 2020 9:35 am

If upgrade is successful, you do get all the business class perks, including extra bag allowance.

Having said that, you can get the upgrade as late as at the gate.

Last time I bid for an upgrade for LAX LIM I got it as I checked in at the airport 2 hours before departure time.

skyteamelite Feb 24, 2022 4:42 am

I don't mind waiting until 12 hours before the flight... But two hours is ridiculous. Do we know how often they confirm the upgrade 12 hours ahead vs how often they wait till the last minute?

I bid for a LIM-GRU flight tomorrow. I'd hate having to pay to check my luggage and for lounge access, and then being charged for the upgrade once we get to the gate.

Semphyra Feb 24, 2022 6:47 am

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 34020382)
I don't mind waiting until 12 hours before the flight... But two hours is ridiculous. Do we know how often they confirm the upgrade 12 hours ahead vs how often they wait till the last minute?

I bid for a LIM-GRU flight tomorrow. I'd hate having to pay to check my luggage and for lounge access, and then being charged for the upgrade once we get to the gate.

It all depends of how many seats are available after upgrading the Top Tier passengers

skyteamelite Feb 24, 2022 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by Semphyra (Post 34020575)
It all depends of how many seats are available after upgrading the Top Tier passengers

5 remaining seats, 23 hours before scheduled departure

Semphyra Feb 24, 2022 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by skyteamelite (Post 34021627)
5 remaining seats, 23 hours before scheduled departure

Just for your reference, I flew on a narrow body a couple of days ago, out of 12 seats there were 4 seats available at the day of departure (after Black upgrades) and I got cleared at the gate

twoplustwomakefive Feb 26, 2022 10:45 pm

I'm booked on LA2419 GIG-LIM on May 3 in Y through an rewards booking via AS Mileage Plan. The upgrade bidding to PY ranges from $75 USD (low) to $350 USD (excellent) - a 6 hour flight is right on the edge of me wanting a more comfortable seat but I was wondering if anyone had experience for a decent bid amount?

ArnoldB May 31, 2023 4:56 am

Do we know which booking class Plusgrade upgrades map into?

ArnoldB Aug 1, 2023 7:25 am

Guess not then...