60 minute connection in Sao Paulo?

Old Nov 1, 19, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
60 minute connection in Sao Paulo?

I booked a multi-sector route direct with LATAM ending with Buenos Aires to London with a connection in GRU. Just checked the itinerary and I see that my flight EZE to GRU is scheduled to arrive just 60 mins before my departure GRU to LHR. I spoke to LATAM voicing my concerns about such a short connection time, asking if they could change my EZE-GRU flight to one leaving some 3 hours earlier, which appears to have plenty of spare seats. I pointed out that if I miss my connection they would have to pay my hotel etc. But their response was that to change my flight would incur a cost in excess of US $1000. Am I alone in thinking this is unreasonable?
Old Nov 1, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I my experience, ever since Latam moved to Terminal 3 in GRU, those 60 minutes are a totally acceptable connection. Even with a 15-minute delay you should catch your connection.
A quick check of flightaware revealed that TAM8002 doesn't seem to be prone to chronic delays - so don't worry too much.
If you still want to change for an earlier flight, try again at the airport on the day of departure.

Last edited by bhomburg; Nov 1, 19 at 8:57 am
Old Nov 1, 19, 8:48 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
It meets the MCT so perfectly reasonable to require the change fee agreed by the passenger to rebook.
Old Nov 7, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Silver Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, HH Diamond, EENational, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by onchanman View Post
I booked a multi-sector route direct with LATAM ending with Buenos Aires to London with a connection in GRU. Just checked the itinerary and I see that my flight EZE to GRU is scheduled to arrive just 60 mins before my departure GRU to LHR. I spoke to LATAM voicing my concerns about such a short connection time, asking if they could change my EZE-GRU flight to one leaving some 3 hours earlier, which appears to have plenty of spare seats. I pointed out that if I miss my connection they would have to pay my hotel etc. But their response was that to change my flight would incur a cost in excess of US $1000. Am I alone in thinking this is unreasonable?
Recently had a 60 minute connection and still had more than enough time
Old Nov 10, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
The chances are very high that you will make that connection with 60min at T3 at GRU. I wouldn't worry and certainly not change to a flight 3 hours earlier.
Old Nov 10, 19, 12:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by onchanman View Post
Have you checked the MCT at GRU for LATAM I-I?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: