Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Latam Colombia cheaper than Latam UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver

Hello. I am planning to book 3 domestic flights with Latam in Colombia. When i use google flights i get 2 results. Latam colombia website for about 70£ or Latam uk website 120£. Is it safe to book via the Colombia website? Any experience? I have heard some stories that if you are not a Colombian citizen or resident you have to pay a fine?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
There were residential fares for flights within Peru. I don't recall resident fares ever being available in Colombia

You may have some problems paying with a foreign credit card. YMMV
Old Oct 16, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Yes, you can safely book domestic flights @ Columbian webpage. I did that (and travelled) in July without any issues for Avianca flights. Much cheaper than to buy on the international webpage.

If you can't get the bookings to be completed with LATAM you can always book with Avianca instead as there will be no cc issues there.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
I face with a similar situation except my flights are within Chile. Google flights show BIG disparity in fares (much cheaper) than US LATAM web site. But unfortunately I couldn't find the English page to book.
Any advice is appreciated.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:52 am

If you want to book with Chile's prices you need to use the site in spanish. You can try to book using Google Chrome and its automatic translating feature
allset2travel likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by Semphyra
There were residential fares for flights within Peru. I don't recall resident fares ever being available in Colombia

You may have some problems paying with a foreign credit card. YMMV
Why is that? Was it because they required CC with PIN?
Old Oct 20, 2019, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Semphyra
If you want to book with Chile's prices you need to use the site in spanish. You can try to book using Google Chrome and its automatic translating feature
I will give that a try.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by allset2travel
Why is that? Was it because they required CC with PIN?
Not in Colombia as far as I know, but there is anecdotal evidence of people in this forum having problem with payments with foreign credit cards.

Did you have any luck?
Old Sep 29, 2021, 9:58 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Im trying to book domestic flights in Colombia and running into this. I read that for Latam Peru, you can get denied boarding because it is residents fare.

Any experience with latam colombia? Half the price with COP compared to the latam canadian website. If anyone can share their experiences, that'd be great! PY is double the price
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:17 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Originally Posted by SKYEG
I read that for Latam Peru, you can get denied boarding because it is residents fare.
Residents fares for Peru were discontinued some years ago. Not sure about the situation with fares from the Colombia site...
Old Oct 4, 2021, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by andreadbc
Residents fares for Peru were discontinued some years ago. Not sure about the situation with fares from the Colombia site...
had awful experience trying to book on latam and had to use OTA... all my experience is in that other thread about latam LOL what a headache
Old Oct 9, 2021, 11:52 pm

You should be fine booking on the Colombia site. I had a similar experience when traveling within Peru recently, prices on the Latam US site were triple the cost of the fares on the Peru site (and they no longer have "Peruvian resident only" fares). Although I am not a Peruvian resident, I bought my flight on the Peru site and flew with no problem.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 7:23 am

And if you are still having problems, you may try your luck with a local OTA like Despegar (https://www.despegar.com.co/ for Colombia and https://www.despegar.com.pe/ for Peru)
Old Oct 12, 2021, 11:03 am

didn't work, called in and phone agent said known issues with canadian cards. amex, visa, mastercard nothing. Even on phone. She said its known though, always with canadians. not too many trying to travel domestically in Colombia had to use a sketchy OTA called Kiwi that charged me 50% more for the tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.