Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass and LATAM Fidelidade
Reload this Page >

AA segments on LATAM booking disappeared from AA.com

Old Sep 4, 19, 11:17 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold

I have a LATAM booking with 2 segments operated by AA, and the other 2 by LATAM. When the booking was made, all segments showed correctly on AA.com, and I could select seats on AA segments. LATAM decided to reissue the tickets in July (for whatever reason) - the only differences I see is that IATA codes changed from JJ to LA on all segments. After the reissuance, I see all segments on LATAM.com, but only LATAM segments on AA.com.

LATAM customer service reps are insisting there's nothing wrong with the reservation, but the AA rep told me that their segments are no longer linked to the PNR and LATAM needs to re-link them. Anyone else had this issue? Is there specific language I need to use with LATAM reps - they are completely stonewalling me. Is this just a case of HUCA until finding someone who knows what they are doing?
Old Sep 4, 19, 1:07 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
LATAM is doing the last step to have one single carrier for all their flights: all the routes between US-BR

Did you buy your tickets through LATAM.com or AA.com? Since this is a mass change and there may be certain cases, specially with connections with other airlines, the PNRs and tickets may not be in synch and may need manual intervention. The company has a internal deadline to get all in order until the end of September and since your flight should be not earlier than October 27th, I wouldn't worry too much until then

LATAM Trade has more information on this topic https://www.latamtrade.com/en_us/new...graran_a_LA_EN
Old Sep 4, 19, 2:17 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
LATAM is doing the last step to have one single carrier for all their flights: all the routes between US-BR

Did you buy your tickets through LATAM.com or AA.com? Since this is a mass change and there may be certain cases, specially with connections with other airlines, the PNRs and tickets may not be in synch and may need manual intervention. The company has a internal deadline to get all in order until the end of September and since your flight should be not earlier than October 27th, I wouldn't worry too much until then

LATAM Trade has more information on this topic https://www.latamtrade.com/en_us/new...graran_a_LA_EN
Thanks for your response - it's interesting that multiple reps at LATAM had no clue about this! I was finally able to get the reservation synced up by contacting LATAM on Twitter and persisting through multiple rounds of "it's not us, it's AA". By the way, the tickets were purchased from LATAM, and are on LATAM stock.
Old Sep 5, 19, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by sch_flyer View Post
Thanks for your response - it's interesting that multiple reps at LATAM had no clue about this! I was finally able to get the reservation synced up by contacting LATAM on Twitter and persisting through multiple rounds of "it's not us, it's AA". By the way, the tickets were purchased from LATAM, and are on LATAM stock.
latam was responsive via twitter? how long did they take to reply?
Old Sep 5, 19, 9:04 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by michael1023 View Post
latam was responsive via twitter? how long did they take to reply?
They were fairly responsive - initial public tweet was responded to within minutes, asking to DM them the details. DMs received responses within an hour, and offered a callback, which came from a call center in Colombia.

Having said that, after initially fixing the reservation, they reissued the tickets for the 3rd time, screwing it up again. At least I see all segments as confirmed on Sabre, and in AA app, but nothing is showing on AA.com, just a "we can't display the reservation" message... may just leave it alone for now.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: