Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

Cannot get to the credit card payment pages on Latam.com

Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL

Does anyone else have this issue, i am using the UK Latam website to book internal flights within Argentina, all is well, am able to a select flight, seats and add all passenger details. Then I try to pay either via credit card or paypal then I get the following message

"The operation was not completed, please try again later"

Trying to call their UK number just gets no where

Any idea fellow travellers
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
They were having some issues yesterday. Maybe you can try again today? If the payment fails again, but you get a PNR Code it would be easier to the Contact Center to issue your tickets
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:12 pm

I had similar problems at the beginning of August trying to book Easter Island flights on the Chilean website. For a specific flight, the payment page wouldn't load at all (just a blank screen), but it was only happening for a specific flight date/time. It's possible the website doesn't reflect actual availability of fares.

One of the Chilean customer reps I spoke with said he wasn't able to see the same fare that I saw online. I kept trying every day for a week until I gave up and booked something else.

Just for kicks, I just tried to repeat that same booking I had issues with and get the following error message (translated from Spanish):
"We had a problem with the availability of your flights. Please search again or choose another time."
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:10 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I've been having the same problem with domestic Brazilian bookings (on the US website) for the past few days trying with multiple cards. Also, one's desired and selected seat disappears for several hours as part of the process, so you can't try various cards in succession if you want a specific seat.

Maybe I'll throw in the towel and try the PayPal option the next time and leave the few hundred miles for the credit card spend on the table. (Update: I actually just tried PayPal too; that didn't work either.)

Regardless, it's both weird and annoying that there's not on the ball with this issue. Oh well.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:32 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I had the same problem repeatedly over multiple dates earlier this year, ended up using an OTA
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Their web support (via Facebook) wanted my passport number, which has absolutely nothing to do with the issue, especially on a domestic Braziil ticket where you don't even need to enter it. I gave up and bought a GOL ticket.

(I would have used an OTA but wanted to book one of the flexible fares.)

Last edited by snorkmaster; Sep 14, 2019 at 2:31 am
Old Sep 30, 2021, 10:45 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Having issues using AMEX and VISA on LATAM Colombia website to book tickets, it just says card cannot be processed. Any issues or experiences with this?! US/EU latam pages and expedia all shows higher fares. I know peru resident fares you cant access but I heard Colombia there isn't an issue.

Thanks for the help in advance
Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:28 am

Last few hours... Doesn't matter if I use different browsers. ugh

Old Oct 1, 2021, 12:37 am

Tried on mobile same error. Amex has no limit and I called amex they said no issues … ugh

Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:47 pm

Alright, so I gave up and was like whatever I will pay double the price on Canadian site.. Same issue for all three cards...?!

Ugh LATAM you're killing me right now. Some say US site works after all fails but USD doesn't work for me either... RIP

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 1, 2021 at 3:34 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 2:51 pm

I tried buying through an OTA, Kiwi.com, but it says booking confirmed with NO ticket or PNR sent... Probably $100 gone, as the OTA already charged my card lol.

Wondering if LATAM is having issues ticketing to foreign cards across all sites completely? Super inconvenient and the worst experience I've ever had trying to book a ticket LOL... TAKE MY MONEY LATAM!!! haha

Might just give up and fly Avianca in Y... I will probably go nuts if I have issues there too(no other airlines to book).

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 1, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Old Oct 1, 2021, 4:35 pm

Sorry for the repetitive posts, but I wanted to document and log everything for people in the future.

Kiwi.com, eventually sent me a ticket with PNR number. IT cost about 50% more to book through KIWI compared to the LATAM website(useless and doesn't work for me). Phone agents could not get my cards to process and were not helpful, plus email team was even worse lol. Not speaking spanish is my fault, but we should be able to book simple tickets.

I can access my reservation on my trips with the PNR kiwi.com sent me, and change my seat. I will have to call into add my FF number as there's no option for that in MyTrips.

I booked 3 more reservations and got one PNR back instantly, but two have been sitting pending for a couple hours now. Will report back once everything is ticketed. This was the most headache I've ever spent trying to buy simple one way tickets. regular OTA's did not have the flights available.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 9:54 pm

The final two from KIWI finally ticketed, around 5 hours later. Can select seats. 3/4 reservations I can also make changes to other flights online, but one says it was made from OTA and to contact OTA... lol?

For adding Delta FF # , I tried calling LATAM but got put on hold, and got disconnected. SO I Sent them an email to see if they can do it with my booking codes. Will report back, but so far it seems the work around it to just use an OTA and pay extra. Lots of foreign CC issues with latam
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:21 pm

I had this problem in October and still having this problem today. I don't know why I can't use my US based credit cards to purchase flights, even if it's on the US website.
It keeps rejecting my credit card saying there's something wrong with my payment or it couldn't be processed, even though I tried 8 different kinds of amex, mc, and vs cards, debit and credit. Nothing works!
I ended up using a OTA, but hoping I don't need to make changes because it's such a hassle calling them up.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 3:06 pm

Bubbling this to the top as I've not been able to buy a single thing on the Latam US, Mexico, or Brasil websites for the past year and a half (including an attempt at a domestic Brazilian ticket today.)I always end up having to use a third party website which of course becomes problematic in the midst of the pandemic, travel plan changes, schedule modifications, and so on because Latam has no interest in touching third party bookings.

Is there some trick to do getting a ticket purchase to process?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.