Help! - Need flight delay certificate

Old May 23, 19, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE), TK Classic Plus, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold
Question Help! - Need flight delay certificate

Hello,

I was on LA 281 on Apr 28th from SCL to PUQ which, due to the bad weather at PUQ and runway closure was initially diverted to RGL, then PMC and subsequently cancelled. LATAM put us up at a hotel in PMC and the next day flew us on LA 1143 to PUQ. Ever since this happened I've been trying to obtain a flight delay certificate from LATAM but have been unsuccessful. The online link to the certificate returns a certificate with no departure or arrival time and the CSOs managing the case I submitted via the contact form have been incompetent. They sent me a false certificate claiming that the flight actually landed at PUQ on Apr 28th with only a 30min delay. I sent copies of my boarding passes and screenshots of the flight status (delays and cancellation) taken from LATAM.com on Apr 28th but they say they are unable help me.

Any ideas on how I can pursue this further and get an accurate flight delay certificate? I need the certificate to file a claim with my travel insurance company.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 24, 19, 12:47 pm

Programs: LATAMPASS Silver, SkyMiles Silver Medallion
Leave a nasty message on Social Media. They tend to get more things done than the regular way
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old May 29, 19, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Platinum (OWE), TK Classic Plus, Taj Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Semphyra View Post
Leave a nasty message on Social Media. They tend to get more things done than the regular way
I've written on their Facebook page - let's see what happens.
Old May 29, 19, 9:00 pm

Programs: QF gold-> platinum
Whenever iíve needed anything from Latam, iíve done well out of their Twitter feed

i also find their phone agents can be reasonably good but I tend to speak Spanish to them which may help
Old Jun 1, 19, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Update: Writing on their Facebook page has done the trick. They finally acknowledged the flight cancellation and have issued an accurate flight delay certificate. It's a pity one needs to go to social media to grab their attention for what should be a fairly routine flight delay certificate that any agent should be able to create.
Old Jun 2, 19, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, LATAM Platinum, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
All to typical of LATAM Customer "Service". I've had to shame them at least a half a dozen times before with a couple of the taking a couple of posts to finally get things to work out. Just be ready to hit Facebook any time an issue heads to the "Back Orifice" and you don't hear anything back in a working day or so.
Glad it finally worked out for you.