EZE Lounges

Old May 19, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2 MM (Lifetime Gold Med)
EZE Lounges

We'll be flying out of EZE on LATAM in business class following a cruise and I expect we will have a long time in the airport before our flight. Is either the Admiral's Club/Iberia VIP Lounge or LATAM VIP Lounge noticeable better?
Old May 20, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
I personally prefer the LATAM lounge, but since you'll have so much time at the airport why not go to both? They are literały facing each other.
Old May 20, 2019, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Interesting thought. Any idea how far in advance of a flight we can check in and (more importantly) check our luggage?
Old May 20, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by bob278
Thank you. Interesting thought. Any idea how far in advance of a flight we can check in and (more importantly) check our luggage?
This depends on whether there's a gap of time when there are no LA departures for several hours, although the check in counters should be open most of the time now. I wouldn't try more than 4 hours prior to flight time (unless you're unavoidably at the airport quite early). Once, many years ago, they wouldn't let me check in for a LIM flight very early, even though the counters were open, until a time certain (maybe 3 hours) prior to flight time.

LA lounge is much more pleasant than the AA lounge. But go to both with all that time. One gets quite noisy and overcrowded in the evening, and even though that same one has warm food items, once you taste them, you'll want to spit most of the items out.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you.

Cruise ships require us to be off by 9:00 AM and, unless I can find a tour that takes most of the day, time at the airport will be exceedingly long. The ship offers a short tour/transfer but that gets us to the airport at 1:30 and our flight is 9:35. I am looking at options but a full day (7-8 hour) tour costs about $600. So unless I can find someone also on the cruise, we will have about 8 hours to kill. With any luck, I will find someone to share a tour and we can arrange to get to the airport around 5:00.

Surprising (and disappointing) about the quality of the food. I remember from previous trips that the food was quite good. I expect anything related to airlines to fall a bit below that standard, but still edible. I guess I have to lower my expectation of food on the LATAM flight to Miami.

My experience has been that most airlines have a mystical 3 hours before flight time limit to check bags but I am hoping that it might be a little longer in South America as the pace of life there seems a little slower than in the US.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
From experience at EZE post cruise, find a tour. The three hour prior limit for check in really was in effect and there weren't many places to sit landside while waiting.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Thank you.

Cruise ships require us to be off by 9:00 AM and, unless I can find a tour that takes most of the day, time at the airport will be exceedingly long. The ship offers a short tour/transfer but that gets us to the airport at 1:30 and our flight is 9:35. I am looking at options but a full day (7-8 hour) tour costs about $600. So unless I can find someone also on the cruise, we will have about 8 hours to kill. With any luck, I will find someone to share a tour and we can arrange to get to the airport around 5:00.
I would seriously consider finding a hotel day room somewhere. You can walk around at your leisure, have a nice lunch, freshen up again before the flight, not worry about your belongings, and you'll probably spend $200 for the room, taxi from the port to hotel, and taxi from hotel to EZE. While I have no particular suggestions for day rooms, consider either something around Recoleta or San Telmo for neighborhoods where there are interesting things/places to see, and plenty of food choices. Recoleta is ideal for the Cemetery (which is really a "must see") and San Telmo is ideal for most "EZE-convenient." If your flight is at 9:35, you'll want to leave the City at 6:00 PM.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I appreciate the information and suggestions.

I'm hoping to find at least 2 people to share. I'll pay $300 or so to avoid 4 hours sitting in the airport with luggage, but not $600. I considered the hotel option and it is not out of the question. One issue there is that I expect we could not check in until about noon or later so we'd have to deal with that. But if by spending a little more we can get a full-blown tour and get to the airport around 5:30 or so, that would be my preference.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:57 pm

Hi Bob, I'm from BUE
Did you already make this trip or are you about to make it?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sonny84
Hi Bob, I'm from BUE
Did you already make this trip or are you about to make it?
I am booked on LATAM at 9:35 and have a tour that ends at the airport at 6:00, so worst case, we may have to wait a short time before checking in.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:37 am

I am booked on LATAM at 9:35 and have a tour that ends at the airport at 6:00, so worst case, we may have to wait a short time before checking in.
OK. If you need any help thru the city let me know.
Specially if this layover you have is during a weekend.

Regards Bob
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'd go for a day rate at a relatively inexpensive hotel to use as a place to drop bags and shower, ideally in a neighborhood where you want to walk to sightsee so that you can return easily to relax whenever you want. You do not want to risk being forced to spend hours landside at EZE and even hopping between several lounges (there's also an AmEx Centurion lounge in the SkyTeam area of the EZE airside terminal) would be a very boring and frustrating way to spend a day.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sonny84
OK. If you need any help thru the city let me know.
Specially if this layover you have is during a weekend.

Regards Bob
Thank you for the kind offer. We are getting off a cruise ship and taking a full day tour that ends at the airport at 18:00. So we should not have too long to wait until we can check in and go to thelounge(s).
Old Jul 1, 2019, 7:57 am

Hope you enjoy you city tour.
If you come nearly these days bring a coat... It's getting colder 😣
Old Jul 1, 2019, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Not going to be a problem. We get there Jan 5, leave on the cruise Jan 5 and return Jan 20. Been looking at weather sites so have an idea of average conditions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.