Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > LATAM | LATAM Pass
Reload this Page >

“Millas Calificables” on OW flights, J and PY fares

Old May 8, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Hello LATAM Pass users,

The new rules for qualification are for sure a shock for most of us. But today I found a terrible news.

I flew MAD-SCL on Iberia J class (I fare) and according to LATAM website it should have accumulated 125% miles. I received 100% + 25% on my redeemable miles statement, but only 100% on qualifying miles. I called the support contact, and I was told that OW flights do not accumulate a class bonus at all for qualifying miles.

https://www.latam.com/es_cl/latam-pa...neas-oneworld/
Los bonos Elite de las aerolíneas asociadas y de la alianza oneworld solamente acumulan Millas LATAM Pass y no Puntos Calificables.
I understand focusing on LATAM flights for qualification, but killing the class bonus is a killer. 0 benefit for flying on OW airlines. So if you fly full Y, PEY, or J, you only get 100% miles for qualification.

When the phone agent told me this I couldn’t believe it. So I have to ask here... is this posting in the same way to all of you?

I decided to maintain Emerald on LATAM this year and to invest on some J flights to make it, but with this I better switch to IB/BA. Not changing my FF, but changing airlines (I fly mostly to Europe).

Old May 8, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LATAM Black
I confirm that. I had the same experience in February on my Iberia flight (J class) from MAD. It was my mistake to credit the flight to LATAM (just got busy and completely overlooked that).

As of this year I'm done with LATAM on international flights. The new rules are complete insanity and it's anything but a loyalty program. I am still Black this year, but I use the status only as an Emerald perk in OW. All my flights to Europe are on European carriers now.

Good luck to this airline, I won't be surprised to see another changes in their FF program after they look at their revenue in 2019/2020. It seems they totally forgot ancient wisdom: "Don't bite the hand that feeds you".
SenSCL likes this.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Same here, zero miles credited to LATAM this year.. keeping my status on AA.. one day they'll realize their mistake. I understand they wanted to get rid of the blacks making it to their status with cheap business class fares but I'm sure they could have found a better intermediate solution. There is no point in crediting LATAM flights or OW flights on their FFP.. so no need to stay loyal

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.